2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I'm back with my new Civic after a couple of years in the wilderness. Previously I had a 2.2 iCTDI in Nighthawk black, but short journeys were taking their toll on it and I decided to go for a smaller more economical petrol car- a Fiesta. Although pretty good to drive and not bad looking, it never produced the hoped-for economy and I was left missing the Civic badly. So last week I got my new motor... 1.8 iVTEC CTS GT in Milano red. Couldn't be happier, it's the car I've always wanted. A few issues with the panoramic roof and the rear centre light cluster to be sorted, then I'm good. Great to be back on the best forum. The Ford forums are LAME.:facepalm:

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
Get a warranty on it.

The panoramic roof is very expensive to fix - full days labour.

Mine involved fitting new tracks (it was getting stuck / and or suddenly releasing and banging shut).

In fact I was lucky to have a warranty as they had an issue with the parts (faulty from the factory) and mine took 4 days in the end! Wouldn't have been happy with the bill for that!

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone, its great to be back.:D
Alsone, my panoramic roof is completely jammed. I bought the car from a non-Honda dealer and have had a fight to get them to have it repaired at a Honda dealership. They have now agreed to this and it's going in next Tuesday. The Honda dealer did a lot of head-shaking and said that it could take 2 days or maybe longer depending on what they find! I'm glad that I'm not paying this time; I'll be afraid to use the roof when it does get fixed in case it breaks again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts