2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my 2.2 EX on Monday evening so here are my 1st pictures.
Very happy with it, especially all the torks! Been blatting about all over Devon for two days with a silly grin on my face [smilie=cheeky-grin:

Only one query so far: after driving 10 miles with low fuel light on I fuelled up till full (pump clicked off) but it only took in 41 litres? With a tank supposedly of 50 litres surely there isn't 10 litres in reserve?

Attachments

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
Looking good , welcome to the club

·
Administrator
19,165 Posts
The car looks great, well done!

Don't worry about the filling I sometimes drive to the fuel light coming on and still only get about 45 litres in.

Again congrats on the car :smile:

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
Looking good!

The most I've ever managed to squeeze in mine is 48 litres - and that was pretty much filled up to the nozzle.

·
Wine and cooking !
1,526 Posts
Welcome,

You have made a good choice

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the thumbs up guys.

'Pacharcher' - I hope you enjoy your EX as much as I am lovin' mine.

Done nearly 300 miles in 3 days since I got the car and it certainly seems to be living up to expectations, especially on economy, if the on board computer is to be believed. Very mixed driving but it is always showing at least forty-something mpg, with frequent forays into the low fifties! Big test tomorrow as I have a 200 mile trip on mixed roads from Torbay to Poole and back (work). I'll fill her again Saturday morning to see what the true figure is. :D

·
Nifty with fish
333 Posts
Welcome to Civinfo...Great engine isnt it?
IMO far better than the Vtec.... smooth and powerful...and.....importantly
...power low down
robbo ducks for cover
:D ;)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Welcome to Civinfo...Great engine isnt it?
IMO far better than the Vtec.... smooth and powerful...and.....importantly
...power low down
robbo ducks for cover
Civinfo has been invaluable to me already (I'm bearing a sticker!).

It is an absolutely fantastic engine.
The lower end 'Grunt' is great for every day driving, especially in this part of the country where we have lots of twisty's and a frequent need to overtake in relatively short distances [smilie=ohyeah.gif] ..... There are plenty of steep hills which it takes in its stride too.

The Honda diesel is easily the best engine I have ever driven, and I've had plenty, both petrol and diesel. This year I am actually looking forward to driving 25,000 miles [smilie=cheeky-grin:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks for the thumbs up guys.

'Pacharcher' - I hope you enjoy your EX as much as I am lovin' mine.

Done nearly 300 miles in 3 days since I got the car and it certainly seems to be living up to expectations, especially on economy, if the on board computer is to be believed. Very mixed driving but it is always showing at least forty-something mpg, with frequent forays into the low fifties! Big test tomorrow as I have a 200 mile trip on mixed roads from Torbay to Poole and back (work). I'll fill her again Saturday morning to see what the true figure is. :D

Filled her up on Saturday and calculated back to 55.8 mpg a couple of miles down on what the in car computer says but nonetheless very impressive!! I hear it gets better with higher mileages too!

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
'Big test tomorrow as I have a 200 mile trip on mixed roads from Torbay to Poole and back (work). I'll fill her again Saturday morning to see what the true figure is. :D
Ahhh Torbay eh? i may see you on my travels

·
Registered
215 Posts
Most I've ever got in my tank was about 50.8 litres but I'd been driving on the light for nearly 40 miles...i was starting to get a bit worried by the time I filled up!

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
Fantastic car, All you 2.2 drivers must love the cheap thrills you get from the vibrations of that massey ferguson engine.:p

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Fantastic car, All you 2.2 drivers must love the cheap thrills you get from the vibrations of that massey ferguson engine.:p
The real thrill is passing many more filling stations than I used to,
and the deisel doesn't bother me in the least. My stereo is usually creating more noise and vibes than the engine anyway! [smilie=shake.gif]

1 - 18 of 18 Posts