2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I'm looking at buying a Type S GT, but I'm just curious about a few things first that I want to clear up from people in the know.

1. What's the difference between a GT and a GT-T?
2. Are there any subtle changes in the body around 09/10... I've seen loads of different GTs and some look a lot better than others and I can't put my finger on why? Maybe it's just something that's been done by the previous owner?

Thanks! Ross.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,764 Posts
Hello and welcome!

Not sure what the difference is from the gt to the gt-t, but the forum wiki should show this info.

Also. Any civic after 09 is a facelift model. Mainly, this means the trim around the bottom of the car is body coloured, instead of grey textured plastic. This tends to look much better. Also, on a facelifted type s, you will get the sports grill, instead of the clear perspex. Which looks more sporty.

If you get a pre-facelift model, these changes can be done by yourself (£100 for the grill, trim is quite a bit more expensive for 2x skirts, front and rear splitters, 4x wheel arches).

There are also a few bits inside that are different in the facelift model. The dashboard has plastic bits at the side over the rev counter, instead of it all being shiny. It also has a USB and audio socket under the arm rest.

Hope this helps! Which engine are you looking to get?

·
No Smoke no poke
3,589 Posts
First up welcome to the madhouse that is civinfo mate.

The extra T stands for technology - in a nutshell it has the ssd satnav indash honda unit, much better than the normal satnav setup.
After 09 there where a number of cosmetic upgrades like the sports grill and type-r clear indicators, inside and aux port and usb conection and different dash surround instead of the piano black (glare) one.
There are supposed to be suspension tweeks too but i fair to see what they are my 59 plate doesnt feel much different to earlier cars

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi! Thanks for the replies. So all 59 plates onwards should have the face lift? What about 09s? I'm looking at getting a 1.8 became it won't effect my insurance too much.

I wanted a CTR but I won't be able to afford the insurance :(

·
Redline Monster
1,575 Posts
:hello2: Ross & :welcome4: to :civinfo::rock:

·
Premium Member
2,764 Posts
Hi! Thanks for the replies. So all 59 plates onwards should have the face lift? What about 09s? I'm looking at getting a 1.8 became it won't effect my insurance too much.

I wanted a CTR but I won't be able to afford the insurance :(

I think most 09 models will, too. Some slipped the net, though, but it's easy to tell.

Yeah, ctr was expensive on a few fronts for me, but I'm very happy with the type s!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hopefully getting her this weekend. Finding that a lot of the ad picture look completely different, suppose it pitiably just bad photography but it's annoying me

1 - 13 of 13 Posts