2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know my car doesn't have a factory lsd since it is a 57 plate. However it handles superb and never understeers so I had a feeling it may have had one fitted.

Last week I jacked the front of the car up and turned one of the wheels, the other side turned in the opposite direction, as far as I'm aware this means I don't have an lsd.

I emailed stevie at grinspeed who buy chance knows the previous owner of my car, he believes its fitted with a wavetrac lsd. Im now completely confused, is there any definitive way of checking if I have an lsd apart from splitting the box?

Cheers,

Liam.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Sometimes lsd don't spin both forwards. A lsd when working will make a scraping sound(tyre drag and mechanical drag) when on a heavy lock, pushing hard on say a roundabout, I wondered if you had purchased my previous car no.plate NUC at the end as it has a quaife lsd but that span both wheels forward,

A lsd pulls you round 10 times more than you'd expect and you have to accelerate to stay controlled, not wise to test on the road

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm 99% sure I've found the previous owner 'tpw' on here but he's not logged on for 4 years! by the looks of it the car had quite a few mods. Grinspeed put the car back to standard when he sold it but have said the labour cost involved means they didn't bother removing the lsd.

When I got the car last month I remember thinking if it handles this good without an lsd how good will it be with one, turns out I actually have one :laugh2:

·
250bhp.... finally :)
4,277 Posts
I'm going to cry if you have one... sounds like you found a gem mate xD

·
Registered
48 Posts
I sold my r with a quaife in it, sad thing is I had a full wad of receipts but the company that bought it didn't want a single receipt, so it's had a gearbox repair and quaife that the next owner will not know about, it was in a small accident that won't show up on searches, it's plate was Ro57nuc good luck to the next owner because it wanted for nothing,

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Its just a pain that the labour involved in fitting a lsd is roughly the same as its worth, so once its in thats it, you have no resale value.

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
Where you buy car from and colour ?

I know dealer car that was put back to stock several weeks ago by stevie. Wavetrac was left in amd pro race 1.2 wheels left on

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Where you buy car from and colour ?

I know dealer car that was put back to stock several weeks ago by stevie. Wavetrac was left in amd pro race 1.2 wheels left on

Sounds like mine, I bought it from dace in reddish. Colour is black, car is on 51k, same wheels too.

Do you know if anything else was left on? Apart from the pads and discs.

·
Registered
9 Posts
drive it round a roundabout with the VSA off, the car will tug gently into the roundabout with LSD or will push out without LSD (on application of throttle of course)

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It definitely pulls into corners, I noticed on day one.

I want to find out if it's had any other mods now, I know the previous owner had skunk cams, would the car run right on aftermarket cams if it didn't have a remap?

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
Sounds like mine, I bought it from dace in reddish. Colour is black, car is on 51k, same wheels too.

Do you know if anything else was left on? Apart from the pads and discs.
Thats the 1. Just front discs left on which i think are stoptech. Pads were removed so think its prob just on oem pads now on front.

Very well looked after car and i dont say that about many cars.

Defo has a wavetrac. Think it was 1 owner from new. Every single mod was bought brand new and fitted by stevie.

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's an absolute minter. It's actually got stoptech discs on the back too and I'm guessing cosworth pads because when I look through the calliper I can read coswo street, the rest of the writing is blocked but I assume they're are cosworth street master.

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Actually the front pads are blocked by a shim, so I'll check if they're oem at weekend and if so I'll get matching cosworth pads.

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
Come to think of it he did leave rears on. It had spoon calipers and project mu hc+ on front all brand new but were removed.

Might find odd tiny trinkets still on it as not worth removing.

Either way you have nice base. All servicing and work was mainly grinspeed honda dealers and little at tdi north. Parked in covered car park most of its life as well

1 - 15 of 15 Posts