2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my Civic Type R today in NHB, 58 plate with 34k on it!

Just got home, really chuffed with it!

Managed 38mpg for the 145 mile trip home driving it really steady! Need to go sample the vtec a bit more now :)

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
Welcome mate. I have to say you did well to restrain yourself. It's not easy not putting your foot down to hear the v-tec as soon as you get it.

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
Howdy and welcome, did you free wheel home ;)

·
Civinfo's Bulb Supplier
13,427 Posts
Welcome to :civinfo: :)

That's some serious MPG for an :typer:!!!

Time to reduce it some ;)

·
regrets his username
7,982 Posts
Is 57 the optimum speed for fuel consumption then?
I was told if on a straight route (which my daily route is) to have your cruise control on 57mph as you see better mpg and it's correct I was seeing 29+ but it was boring so I have some fun and see 27-28 not much difference but on a long drive you will see well in the 30s

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
As for the MPG....stuck the cruise control on at 72mph then 52mph for approx 5 mile through some road works on the m6!

Best I had was 38.3, and been out to see some peeps since getting home and it's still at 37mpg!

Happy!

·
regrets his username
7,982 Posts
16-18 I was seeing after the first wk and was constantly filling up, it was the vtec that done it you get addicted trying to keep it in there once your in it and changing before hitting the limiter, I still struggle :facepalm:

·
Type R GT Milano GP Kit
2,262 Posts
Its practically impossible for me to achieve anything over 28.8mpg :-( Then again Im far to addicted to V-tec would be uber impossible.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts