2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After having my civic with no troubles for 3 months, the last 3 monts have been horrible. FAults after faults. Firstly the whole front suspension was replaced - both sides. Then rear bumper had to be changed due to paint falling off. Also rear glass plate between lights was changed. Some rattles inside has been fixed also. So, great service. They even fixed the ac-unit wich was loose. But overlooking my car this weekend I've found the following - together with my brother who is a mechanic:
- whole tailgate is off centre
- severeal places there is paint just falling off or badly done (doors and front bumpers)
- plastic details exterior are loose and badly fitted
- new rear bumper has several scratches
- interior details on dashboard are badly fitted
- impossible to open door on drivers side at times
- still noisy suspension - front and sometimes back
- noise from rear wheels when there are passengers in the car
- some part of rear tailgate is lower on one side than surroundig details

The list is long and had resulted in a 15 page letter to Honda. That's including pictures.

What happens now? I don't know. Have lost a little faith, even the car is still my favourite thing.

B est regards

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Going to my local Honda dealer today. Will se what they say there before I make any desition. I don't want a Golf, I want my Civic back to the way she was this winter. I don't know what kind of rights I have as for canceling the deal, getting a new car. But Civic is the only car for me. When I look at her from a distance I'm still in love with the shape and the way she drives. But my god how bad it hurts when I know she has so many faults....

·
Registered
177 Posts
Going to my local Honda dealer today. Will se what they say there before I make any desition. I don't want a Golf, I want my Civic back to the way she was this winter. I don't know what kind of rights I have as for canceling the deal, getting a new car. But Civic is the only car for me. When I look at her from a distance I'm still in love with the shape and the way she drives. But my god how bad it hurts when I know she has so many faults....
I don't know about Norwegian law but I don't think you can cancel the deal providing that the dealer addresses every issue under warranty. I know it can be frustrating and very time consuming going to the dealer time and again, sometimes for a recurring problem, but as long as they see it through there are no grounds for a deal cancelation. But I may be mistaken.
Nevertheless, you can look at it from a different perspective; Although you are going through a bad time now, if all the problems are sorted out you may not have any problems later on. :)

·
ON A STEEL WOK I FRY
2,460 Posts
I feel for you mate, I had a spate of costly problems with my last motor before I traded it for my new Type R GT.

I really hope you get your car problems sorted.

·
Registered
47 Posts
goodness...all these complaints i hear about honda...i must be the 1 of the lucky ones...
me to so far, fingers crossed!!!! but people need to consider that the majority of people only post if there is a problem or require information. Very few post just to say everythings great (people who do, are vastly outnumbered in terms of posts i'd guess).......I'm sure that there must be a lot of people out there with trouble free civic's - here's hoping anyway........

·
Premium Member
1,600 Posts
me to so far, fingers crossed!!!! but people need to consider that the majority of people only post if there is a problem or require information. Very few post just to say everythings great (people who do, are vastly outnumbered in terms of posts i'd guess).......I'm sure that there must be a lot of people out there with trouble free civic's - here's hoping anyway........

Oh yes - SURE...I'm one of them, been a civic owner for two years now, and it has almost been trouble free. (Only a minor issue with the boot door which was hard to close, that's all) ;):p

Sorry to hear about your problems, Galaxy Grey! :(:(
Hope you got it sorted ASAP.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Exactly right!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Update

My problems have been oversent to Honda Norway. Hard to belive there is some problem with my beautiful car. It was so solid for the first 3 months. Now I just wait to hear whats going to happen.

I'm 100% sure Civic is a great car. I know for a fact that there are much more troubles with other cars. And they dont' even look like the Civic. Honda is quality!

I'll keep you posted.

·
Administrator
19,172 Posts
Sorry to hear your problems and hope you get them sorted.

·
Premium Member
1,292 Posts
My beauty is 2 years old and still trouble free and gorgeous:D:D:D

·
Registered
18 Posts
My tailgate went so out of line, I couldnt shut it or set the alarm. I told customer services that if the car was stolen or broken into because of this manufacturing defect I would hold them responsible. This soon swung them into action. The whole tailgate had to be completely stripped down and rebuilt.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts