2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
Before the Toyota engine was chosen, it was long rumoured that Lotus were gonna go for the Honda unit.

A couple of Elise-owning mates of mine say that on the Elise forums they frequent, there a quite a few Elises with Honda transplants and plenty of owners are pissed that Lotus went officially with Toyota.

But then I think the main reason why is Honda not wanting a competitor to their own 2 seater roadster....

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Before the Toyota engine was chosen, it was long rumoured that Lotus were gonna go for the Honda unit.

A couple of Elise-owning mates of mine say that on the Elise forums they frequent, there a quite a few Elises with Honda transplants and plenty of owners are pissed that Lotus went officially with Toyota.

But then I think the main reason why is Honda not wanting a competitor to their own 2 seater roadster....

yeah better for the tuning market..
its bloody tempting aswell - but i wouldnt be able to guess which typeR to get into in the morning !
Missus would go potty - as she is driving a Pug!
But like she was told = what i have before we get married im not selling - EVER

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
0-100 under 10 secs with ecu remap!
:cool:[smilie=tongue.gif]:p:rolleyes:;)
That can´t be right I thought.
Then I read the article.

0-100 MILES PER HOUR in 10s (not 0-100 km/h)!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That can´t be right I thought.
Then I read the article.

0-100 MILES PER HOUR in 10s (not 0-100 km/h)!
frget the article that was just to get juices going - with engine remap - manifold work etc 100 mph!

Wheelspin in 3rd!

There are many different power versions of the honda variant
dont get me started on the audi v6 300 bhp version ! oh dear !

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
God that would some combo

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
omg what a waste of time, do people seriously think this is good??????????????????

hmmmmm....

Take a gorgious looking 2 seater sports car that weighs about the same as a packet of damp fag papers.
Insert a high reving 2ltr 200bhp engine.

what's not to like? :D

·
Registered
44 Posts
Trust me the Honda'd Elise is great fun. Mine only has 150bhp from its Rover engine and this is a real hoot, but the Type R engine really makes them fly.

The guy I go to for driver training in my Elise has a supercharged Type R Elise with over 300bhp and having been a passenger in it there is only one word to describe it BRUTAL !!

If you want more info try SELOC.com or Pistonheads.com there are quite a few owners of convert Elise’s on there.

Have thought about doing it to mine, but the finances don't quite stretch to it at present.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Its a tough situation to be in
Justify the cash to yourself then pick between Honda or Audi conversion or a 160 Rover conversion head for much less ..
I think if i had the money Id have the Audi conversion - just cause im not sure id like the 'on cam' boost in such a light car - ive driven new exige with toyota engines and didnt like the on cam profile at all.
However being on cam - is something I have got used to in a much heavier car in the CTR....

i think since i cant justify the cost - and i have a CTR - I might just go for a head coversion to 160 on the Rover - as cost effective and smiles all around

Mo

1 - 20 of 24 Posts