2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
1.5 Sport Plus CVT
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Im toying with the idea of buying a type-r again and I was wondering at what point this year Honda will stop making them.

Will they be available new till the end of the year.

I bought a type-r a few years back as soon as it was released but only kept it for a year and a half or so before moving onto a sensible 2.2 diesel Accord EX GT.

The Accord is good but Im missing the thrills.

Alternatively i might just go for a second hand Championship White edition.

J

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
So you cant buy a new one anymore?
As I mentioned, you might be able to find (a pre-reg but unused) one at a dealer, but no more factory orders as far as I understand.

The engine wasn't Euro5 certified, so the car would have to have been registered before the end of 2010.

Remap the Accord instead?

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
You can still buy a new unregistered Type R. Your dealer should be able to help you.
Actual manufacture ceased before October 2010 but they are still available while stocks last (the government relaxed the original rule requiring them all to be registered in 2010).

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
You can still buy a new unregistered Type R. Your dealer should be able to help you.
Actual manufacture ceased before October 2010 but they are still available while stocks last (the government relaxed the original rule requiring them all to be registered in 2010).
Great news! Thanks for the info. :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
I switched my 09-plate Type R for a 60-plate Type R, brand new, just yesterday - at that point there were (apparently) 143 unregistered Type-R's left in the UK.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts