2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Cleaning Moderator
12,676 Posts
Image works for me.

Best way IMO to display images is to upload to Photobucket etc & then copy n page the IMG link

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply.

So you can see the image in the above link? If so, sort of suggests it may be a permissions issue with my account?

I would agree but I'm not trying to post images, just trying to view images in other peoples posts, e.g. in this thread:-

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/how/64809-another-gear-knob-gaiter-how.html

I get a lot of "Click the image to open in full size" but when I click them, it says the image contains errors, they do appear to be hosted on this web site whereas others which are on other web sites display correctly.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
21,035 Posts
Takes me straight to a black Civic image without issue.

I doubt it's a Civinfo permissions issue as we don't have any AFAIK.

I've just been through all the permissions for 'registered users' and all I can see is that they can't upload images via the 'manage attachments' feature, that is a Supporter feature.

I wonder if any other non supporters can view the image ?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Interesting.... I think the "image contains errors" is coming from Firefox, but I tried the same thing in a different browser (Edge) and it's just a blank window with a cross in the top left - it did ask me to log in before I could view though.

·
Super Moderator
21,035 Posts
Strange as it's just a standard jpg image.

I'll hang on to see if any other non supporters see this and can check.

·
Super Moderator
21,035 Posts
Again, just standard .jpg's

I'm still waiting for another non supporter to confirm yes or no.

·
Administrator
1,499 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, I do feel stupid now! I tried all the links above on a different computer/OS and it works fine, so it must be something with that particular work machine/network, will investigate next week.

Thanks for the help though.

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Well, I do feel stupid now! I tried all the links above on a different computer/OS and it works fine, so it must be something with that particular work machine/network, will investigate next week.

Thanks for the help though.
I am pretty sure I would have the same problem if I logged onto the forum on my work pc, firewall and permissions are so tied down hardly any images display. I take my iPad to work to keep in touch! (Strictly in breaks of course!) >:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts