2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Administrator
21,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should I have this ?

Under 'Vehicle Information' all I've got is the Seat Belt status.

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
Kremmen.
It does explain all about this in the hand book I was given ( p 325 ). Of course, as it covers every model, it does not stipulate which one!
I'll have physical look on the I mid and let you know.

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
No, uk models don't :( not sure why... Would be useful.

Maybe because it would say all is ok when stealers like to scare us and say all is not well :)

·
Administrator
21,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

I did a Google after posting the question (should have done it first) and it seems it 'should' be turned on during the PDI but some dealers tend not to as it can give too early a warning about changing oil.

Not too fussed as I'll be having it serviced on time anyway.

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
Mine will be due it's 1st service at the beginning of June. I'll ask then.

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts

I did a Google after posting the question (should have done it first) and it seems it 'should' be turned on during the PDI but some dealers tend not to as it can give too early a warning about changing oil.

Not too fussed as I'll be having it serviced on time anyway.
That's good to know.... I wonder what else can be turned on?

Brochure states 'see me home lights' on my12 ex-gt but mine does not :(

·
Administrator
21,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not sure how they work as I haven't investigated them. I park in a garage so I don't need them.

·
Registered
204 Posts
See me home lights (or see me away lights if not at home :)) means that your headlights stay on for a set length of time. The idea being that the illumination stops you treading on/tripping over the cat/dog/small child/bin etc in the dark.

You can set the time yourself but don't know where or how as I have to wait a week and a day before I can find out for myself.

·
Arfurs right hand man
4,125 Posts
follow me home lighting is only on 2013 MY cars ( DU in the chassis number)

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
So why do Honda mention it in my MY2012 manual? I'm sure it can be 'set' by the HDS and legally if the manual and early 2012 brochure states it... Then Honda should give it to me!

·
Arfurs right hand man
4,125 Posts
So why do Honda mention it in my MY2012 manual? I'm sure it can be 'set' by the HDS and legally if the manual and early 2012 brochure states it... Then Honda should give it to me!

some spoon probably put the wrong book in your bookpack, either that or in patagonia its a standard option but for the rest of the world it isnt.

All I know is that its only a feature on the 2013 MY cars.

As for how it works, god knows, its something that can be set on the i-mid menu somewhere apparently. Not having spent any time in a 2013 I havent a clue.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Leave your lights in auto and when it's dark they'll remain on for 30s after you lock/unlock your car. If you leave your side lights on, they'll remain on permanently. If you leave your dipped headlights in the on position you will always get welcome home lighting be it day or night.

·
Registered
616 Posts
And unfortunately aftermarket "universal" coming home modules which you splice into the headlight fuse dont seem to work on this car.
I tried but failed. Just adding current to the fuse didnt start the lights but instead needs more tinkering.

·
Registered
616 Posts
But you have a 2013 model right gloom?
They told me the chassis was 2013 but I think its a 2012 tbh.
From the factory in late january if Im not mistaken.

These small things dont really bug me much as I really got a good price buying it completely new.
Took it through some bends at above normal speed last night when there were less traffic for testing and it really put a smile on my face :)
The 1.8 can move!

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
They told me the chassis was 2013 but I think its a 2012 tbh.
From the factory in late january if Im not mistaken.

These small things dont really bug me much as I really got a good price buying it completely new.
Took it through some bends at above normal speed last night when there were less traffic for testing and it really put a smile on my face :)
The 1.8 can move!
Wow, and that's coming from a former Type R driver :)

·
Registered
204 Posts
A week and less than a day now but I must confess... it's the gen 4 CRV I'm waiting for and not the Civic. Strictly speaking I belong on a subset of this forum but as the new CRV shares many parts with the Civic it's worth the visit (and this bit of the forum is way more entertaining than the CRV section :popcorn2:).

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
MY 2012 does have a "poor man's version" of follow me home / leave home lighting (even if you don't have an AUTO position on the lighting / indicator stalk). Leave the headlights on (headlight ON position) and switch off engine. Lock the car with keyfob and the headlight will switch off after about 20 seconds. In the morning, when you unlock the car (via keyfob), the headlights will automatically turn on.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts