2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone experienced the iMID pod being out of alignment ? We bought a new 1.6 ex and found that it was "odd" to say the least. It looks as if the pod has slipped down when compared to the main pod on the other side. The module stands proud and is not flush with the main pod. The dealer agrees it doesn't look great. Our view is that it spoils the view of something that you are looking at a lot of the time. It just looks like shoddy assembly/design work to be honest.

Our dealer has reported it to Honda UK but as yet they have not accepted that there is a manufacturing issue. The dealer have replaced it in any case but it does not look much better. They also compared it to other vehicles in the showroom and they were similar. The dealer is now looking for other dealers to report the same thing to Honda as he believes it is a problem. Here's what we're talking about

Anyone got a similar situation ??

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cant see the image online here
It's there. I just checked on my mobile with 2 different browsers and on firefox and IE on a PC. You do need to be logged in to see images I have found ...... but then I guess you were when you posted your reply :D

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yep it's the plastic cover that doesn't line up with the speedo module next to it.

It's interesting to hear that several people have not got the problem but concerning to see that our car and another brand new one in the dealers showroom have the same issue. Perhaps it's a new manufacturing / assembly problem as the ones affected are just off of the production line.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts