2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey.
I can hear the received text message sound in the speakers (useless as I hear it in the phone as well)... but I see no option to read the text message?
I saw some videos and pages online where Civic 9G should show sms messages on screen and even allow quick reply options (6 options)?

Anyone care to shed some light on this?

·
Premium Member
6,314 Posts
Don't think the car supports sms text if am right it was the USD that had the updated firmware that allowed it not the EUD

·
ο φλού
184 Posts
Maybe windows phones have this feature, Bluetooth message access profile, enabled.

·
Registered
99 Posts
My windows phone allows me to reply. I have the new Cortana feature which reads out the message and I can reply by talking back, it does all this through the cars speakers and microphone.

I think it all depends on what phone you have as I would presume that an iPhone would have the same feature (Siri), not sure what android has though?

·
Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
21,423 Posts
I think this Civic feature is Windows phone only.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have Android.
If the feature works for windows phone or iphone it should work for android?
anyone can confirm this feature exists and is working?

·
Registered
876 Posts
anyone can confirm this feature exists and is working?
There is no text message feature in the i-MID, it is just certain phones working through the Bluetooth connection and giving audio output via the speaker for the Siri/Cortana phone functions.

With pre 14YM audio you would have to activate the phone to go into Siri/Cortana mode.

With Honda Connect, holding the voice button on the steering wheel can activate Honda connect into Siri mode with out having to touch the phone.

But in either car its all managed in the phone itself with just audio output.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts