2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1.6 DTEC EX on order. Lead time the lease co. time advised was 20 week :eek:, but hey-ho though it would pass in a flash - now still 10 weeks to delivery an so wanting my car:(

Still, at least I have a definite build date now.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Which colour will it be?

Success with the waiting :popcorn2:

Greetings,
Dark Flemish

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Urban Titanium (AKA bronze!!!). :bebored:

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
only just got confirmation of delivery last week sept.

20 week lead time was quoted by the lease co. but this suited me for end of current lease. Doesn't help the impatience 'tho:popcorn2:

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Delivery date confirmed :party:

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
5 days and counting:)

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Car coming from Inchcape. Company car scheme allowed me to get a quote from local dealer but they couldn't get close.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Tomorrow, tomorrow, its coming tomorrow![smilie=superkewl.g:

·
Registered
815 Posts
And did you sleep last night ;)

Success

Greetings,
Dark Flemish

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
its here - photos posted in Gallery!

·
Premium Member
496 Posts
I don't understand why you had such a long wait time...

I drove my new car home 5 days after signing the dotted lines and swiping my debit card. I was told it was going to be a 7 day wait, then 5 days later got a call during my lunchbreak telling me it was delivered early, is at the dealership and ready to go.

And you say you had to wait 20 weeks? Did you order it to be hand-made or something?

·
Nice Guy!
2,360 Posts

I drove my new car home 5 days after signing the dotted lines and swiping my debit card. I was told it was going to be a 7 day wait, then 5 days later got a call during my lunchbreak telling me it was delivered early, is at the dealership and ready to go.

And you say you had to wait 20 weeks? Did you order it to be hand-made or something?

I'm guessing your car was built and looking for an owner.

most cars ordered still need to be built and orders will take their place in the queue.
It can take months for a Volvo or audi to be built due to all the various customer options they are built to order and again orders join the queue

·
Arfurs right hand man
4,125 Posts
I'm guessing your car was built and looking for an owner.

most cars ordered still need to be built and orders will take their place in the queue.
It can take months for a Volvo or audi to be built due to all the various customer options they are built to order and again orders join the queue
For example , Audi A3 now, if you accept what the dealer has, you can get one inside a month. If you choose your spec, your colour etc you are looking at late Feb.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

simple

Company car scheme recommends we make intial request 5 months in advance.

Lease company quoted 20 weeks for a "built to order"

I didn't want delivery until 1st October as I was running down my current lease.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts