2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Great News!
We are happy to announce we are improving security across our network and adding Secure Sockets Layer or SSL to the site. This means going forward you'll see Hyper Text Transfer Protocol Secure (HTTPS); the secure version of HTTP, the protocol used to send data between your browser and the website that you are connected to. This means all communications between your browser and the website will have another layer of encryption. We take the security of your data seriously so updates like this do happen from time to time. There is no downtime or major issues anticipated in this change. If you do notice anything about the site operating not as it should please make sure we are the first to know. You can send a PM to this account with details and we can investigate. Thanks, and if you have any questions about this let me know.
-Your Admin Team

·
Premium Member
2,295 Posts
We are happy to announce we are improving security across our network and adding Secure Sockets Layer or SSL to the site. This means going forward you'll see Hyper Text Transfer Protocol Secure (HTTPS)
Good to hear at last; Will HTTPS Be the default (htaccess directed)?

might want to check your bbcode too :p

·
Administrator
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey there,

HTTPS will be the default.
Once it is live, we'll give you a heads up here.

Ed

·
Administrator
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What will this break that isn't already broken?
Depending on the browser you are using, links from other sites might give some trouble if those sites don't have their own SSL certificate. Firefox and Chrome have security parameters which would come into play

Kevin

·
4,371 Posts
Thank you for your reply Kevin, but totally unnecessary as I was only being sarcastic.

Your company does not have a very good track record for either, just breaking things that were working, such as the wiki several times recently, or correcting glaring errors such as the upload button on the media upload form despite numerous requests to fix it.

·
Living the dream!
8,543 Posts
Your company does not have a very good track record for either, just breaking things that were working, such as the wiki several times recently, or correcting glaring errors such as the upload button on the media upload form despite numerous requests to fix it.

Lets be honest here their company does not really give a monkeys chuff about the end user all they care about is web traffic to enable them to charge forum sponsors monthly fees and make profits and the whole Civinfo sticker saga just backs this up

·
Administrator
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
All I can say is that it's not our intention to break anything. Once SSL is rolled out to our network of sites, I hope to go back to actually treating regular site problems

Kevin

·
Premium Member
415 Posts
All I can say is that it's not our intention to break anything. Once SSL is rolled out to our network of sites, I hope to go back to actually treating regular site problems

Kevin
Does that mean we might be able to use the Wiki again, which has been down for ages, or will there be another excuse as to why it is down.

·
Super Moderator
21,043 Posts
There has been an overnight post stating that there are so many problems over so many sites that the Wiki is unlikely to be fixed anytime soon.

·
Premium Member
2,295 Posts
Does archive.org / wayback machine have anything?
Can't check as I'm on mobile at the moment - if we can gather the content I may be able to sort something out.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts