2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Impressed twice by SatNav

Satnav 
2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  allan40alt 
#1 ·
I have been to the seaside today with the family, it was a nice day and not sure how many more we are going to get so off we went to Hayling Island. (never been before)

Not done to much Motoway driving apart from the M4 and thats just straight but twice the SatNav impressed me

First when I came off on to a service station and it didn't recalc the route! It must know that they are service stations and you can drive into one without leaving your route. (not sure why thats good but i liked it)

and second

When going from one motorway to another it tells you what the blue sign says above the lane you should be in. (how cool)

#2 ·
Yea, I'm not a motorway traveller myself but don't seem to mind driving anywhere since getting my Civic and satnav - had a meeting in Leeds few weeks ago, there was absolutely no way I could have found the office I was going to without a satnav, those roads in Leeds centre are worse than Newcastle!!! Anyway, found the office easily, I then switched on the car park icons and chose the long-stay car park right outside Leeds train station, had meeting, came back few hours later, put ticket in machine to be charged 23 quid!!! When I questioned the car park manager he quite happily smiles and tells me people drive into this "long stay" car park all the time without reading the sign that explains it's a "1 day or more" type LONG stay, hence the huge cost!!! Glad it was on expenses!!!

It's saved me a few times, I've actually detoured to visit family sometimes as well, without the satnav I'd have not even contemplated a detour on unknown roads :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.