2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As we all know the civic's sound system is not the best, so the previous owner fitted one of these

AudioControl - LC6i - Line Output Converters | eBay

And also one of these

Pioneer Gm-6400F | eBay

He also fitted pioneer speakers front and rear and also the smaller ones above the doors.
In the car is a little box with two dials, frequency and gain.
Trouble is i just cannot get a decent sound from it, when me and the mrs where out over the weekend obviously we just had the music at a level you could hear yourself speak and the sound was horrendous. Very tinny. and no matter how I turned the two dials not alot happened.

I went out later on and upped the volume and managed to get a half decent sound. so the volume is now at a level you could not hear anyone and the little box with the two dials seemed to make a difference.

Has anyone else got anything like this fitted or know what to do to get it better??

I was thinking old school and maybe a graphic equalizer or something??

Thanks

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
Yer needs to be better equalised, a new head unit sorts the sound out quite a lot, still not perfect due to the crappy speakers and lack of sound deadening. But it's miles better ones it's being processed properly !

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that caddyroo but I cannot change the head unit as it runs the satnav and other things I am led to believe, so have to change other stuff. Thats why I was saying maybe an equaliser to even out the bass from the trebble etc,

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just been messing with them, little better, getting there so maybe there is hope.

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well after a lot of playing I have got something that sound half decent

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk HD

1 - 6 of 6 Posts