2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys! the reason i am asking is because the damn dealer salesman cannot tell me anything about the 2009 model, he even calls the white "continental white" instead of "championship white", my advice to him was "log on civinfo.com..... :)

·
The Talented Mr. Robbieee
3,295 Posts

·
Civinfo's Bulb Supplier
13,427 Posts
Stone chips on my alabaster look white so my guess would be yes.

Plus the paint is thicker on CW :p

·
Civinfo's Bulb Supplier
13,427 Posts
The paint is so thin most chips will penetrate the undercoat anyway, so even if it is black it won't make any difference.

Still we might see the stones coming better with HID's, and dodge them using our LSD ;)

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
Forgive my ignorance- why would the undercoat be black? Or have I missed a sarcastic comment at Honda?
My white Fiesta has white undercoat.
It is a joke.

The Civics all have white undercoats, which is why we call the red cars Polka Dot Red instead of Milano Red.

We have long joked that if ever Honda release a White Civic, they would change the undercoat to black just to make sure the chips show...

·
Premium Member
4,441 Posts
We have been informed that the water based paint hasn't changed since 1994.
The cunning b-ggers at Honda, will use a dark undercoat just to p--- us off.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i think the stone chips will show much less than on red or black, the main reason of the swop is the lsd, i think it will knock at least 2sec off a full lap.........

·
Registered
42 Posts

and here are Evostu's photos.

1. Championship White bodywork & Alloys.
  2. Helical Limited Slip Differential.
  3. Smoked dark chrome body detailing including handles, petrol filler and lower grille trim.
  4. HID Xenon headlamps with auto leveling and washers.
  5. Triple connector socket in armrest for iPod (USB), auxiliary input and extra power.
  6. Uprated plastics and materials for interior.
  7. All new 19" alloys an optional extra
Geoff. ;)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts