2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, does anyone know why my car engine revs increase then decrease when i change gear?

·
My other woman is my CTR
1,505 Posts
because you press your clutch pedal... but your'e not getting your foot off the gas?

·
i-VTEC - DO YOU?
3,111 Posts
Could you be more specific, mentioning gears, speed and RPM and what you were doing regards the clutch and accelerator at the time...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sorry guys, it mainly revs high when i put the foot down after i change gear, it does it through all the gears especially if i accelarate quickly through the gears.

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
sorry guys, it mainly revs high when i put the foot down after i change gear, it does it through all the gears especially if i accelarate quickly through the gears.

Your are trying to accelerate before the clucth has fully engaged!

You you reving then once the clucth is engaged it returns to normal revs.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
yea kas I would try slowing down your whole 'changing of the gear' routine and you will probably see that you are just to quick on the clutch or not quick enough on the accelerator. I noticed this especially when I jumped into the type r for the first couple of times, its really sensitive and your foot has to be right off the accelerator everytime. quite funny cause when I let the girlfriend jump in shes forever doing it and Im forever telling her off! hope shes not reading this! lol

·
My other woman is my CTR
1,505 Posts
yea kas I would try slowing down your whole 'changing of the gear' routine and you will probably see that you are just to quick on the clutch or not quick enough on the accelerator. I noticed this especially when I jumped into the type r for the first couple of times, its really sensitive and your foot has to be right off the accelerator everytime. quite funny cause when I let the girlfriend jump in shes forever doing it and Im forever telling her off! hope shes not reading this! lol
You let your girlfriend drive your R?!

that's like letting the mistress accidentally bump into the wife/girlfriend.. only going to get messy!

...sorry to deviate

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
Easiest solution....

Move your seat back 1-2 clicks try again... repeat as neccesary.

Onto the woman driving performance cars....

My dads GF burned out his beamers clutch in 3k miles... HOW IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE?

Simple solution... She doesnt drive my car!!! :D

·
geekess
3,638 Posts

that's like letting the mistress accidentally bump into the wife/girlfriend.. only going to get messy!

...sorry to deviate
Unless its her own :p

Easiest solution....

Move your seat back 1-2 clicks try again... repeat as neccesary.

Onto the woman driving performance cars....

My dads GF burned out his beamers clutch in 3k miles... HOW IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE?

Simple solution... She doesnt drive my car!!! :D
Hmmm!
So... you think that women shouldn't drive performance cars??

If you ask down at any service department i think you will find that evidence of burnt out clutches and other bad driving sins are equally likely to found in cars solely driven by guys :p

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
If you ask down at any service department i think you will find that evidence of burnt out clutches and other bad driving sins are equally likely to found in cars solely driven by guys :p
I knew it would come to this. Im just going to avoid this topic completely and for arguments sake, agree with you! :D

·
Wigan Warriors
1,052 Posts
i have a loaner civic on a 10 plate, it does this too at times! I have never seen it on my CTR.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts

...sorry to deviate
lol not without me paying 110% attension in the passenger seat. I let her go down to the local chippy on her own once and I never stopped worrying the whole time! I can imagine thats what its like to have kids lol

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Unless its her own :p

Hmmm!
So... you think that women shouldn't drive performance cars??

lol :p she wishes

·
Premium Member
153 Posts
If you ask down at any service department i think you will find that evidence of burnt out clutches and other bad driving sins are equally likely to found in cars solely driven by guys
Is that cos the women are at home doing the washing up ? <Ducks for cover>

1 - 19 of 19 Posts