2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Indicator timing

Electrics 
3K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  Jon_G 
#1 ·
Hi guys,

Something new that started happening. When I indicate right, the delay of the indicator timing is quick compared to the left.

Anyone experienced the same issue?

#2 ·
Usually means one of your bulbs has gone I think.

#3 ·
I haven't checked the actually indicators on the front, side mirrors and rear if the are blinking fast. I noticed the speed on the dash right indicator blinks fast (fast ticking sound too).

I recently changed my car battery. A new Willard.

#4 ·
Like schlieb said, usually means one of your indicator lamps has blown on the side that has quickened, in your case, on the right. You'll find that one won't work at all.

#6 ·
And would you just look who happens to sell bulbs too, what luck... ;)

#10 ·
#13 ·
Replaced my driver side indicator today and boy was it a mission.

The driver side is difficult because the water bottle is blocking the indicator.
I had to remove the wheel and inner lining. Broke like 2 clips, casualty of war I guess. Next I had to remove an electric tubing and the water bottle pipe. Once removed, then you can twist the bulb fitting out.

What a mission for a simple bulb change. There is no easy way to do this.
When the job was done, I was left with a couple of cuts due to the f#$ken water bottle not wanting to budge.

#14 ·
That is not something you'd want to trust Halfrauds to do; I would not let my pride and joy be soiled by them haha.....

I remember a few years back the EU was supposed to be legislating to compel car manufacturers to make changing bulbs a simple affair - wonder what happened to that???

You can imagine Cameron on TV with his shiny head and silly little pursed lips saying something along the lines of 'Europeans may want their bulb changes simple but Brits prefer it to take three hours, and a full workshop-full of tools - how dare they tell us to make things simple' (purses lips, does an imitation of Winston Churchill with constipation......)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.