2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

Had my Civic 2.2 CTDI EX for just over 18 months now with no problems of note so far, and absolutely love the car.

I cleaned it this weekend including a blast with the jet wash to get all the soap off (nothing too vigorous), plus filled up the screen wash.

Since this weekend, the inidicators no longer flash when locking / unlocking the car using the remote key fob. They always used to flash including the door mirror indicators.

Can't help but think that I've either blown a fuse (although all other functions are working fine, and the doors still unlock / lock fine, they just don't flash) or I've triggered something else in cleaning the car. I haven't checked the fuses as it's too dark outside, so I'll check these at the weekend.

In the mean time....Any suggestions as to fixing this problem would be appreciated....

Cheers

·
i-VTEC - DO YOU?
3,111 Posts
Just to clarify are the indicators working the rest of the time in normal usage?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, all 6 are still working (2 back, 2 front, 2 wingmirrors) in normal use as are all the other lights, etc.

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts
Open and close the bonnet again. If your car thinks the bonnet isn't closed properly the doors will lock but the indicators won't flash.

If it's definitely closed then it could be a faulty switch in which case it's a trip to the dealer. :(

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi, good suggestion which I just tried...unfortunately they still don't work :(. Any ideas which switch it'll be, and whether it's gonna cost a fortune to replace?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Could it be something to do with the alarm? Plenty of alarm problems posted on here.
Might be worth checking by locking, waiting 5 mins, then open the door with the key.

·
Veedub
534 Posts
On a previous 2007 civic I had a similar problem, turned out to be the boot wasn't closing properly..... ;)

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have an 06 plate too, my wife noticed last night that the dashboard indicators illuminated when the alarm was set.

She says this is the first time this has happened - normally only sees the six external indicators. Can't say I've ever noticed whether the dashboard indicators flash when alarming or not, but thought I'd ask - any chance the car is telling us something?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts