2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving home from work this afternoon, the indicators started blinking at double speed both left and right. Ok, a faulty light-bulb I thought.... Annoying, but a relative easy fix.
But all lights turned out to be working fine!? Not even one with less glow than the others...
Turning on the hazard works normally, all lights blinking at normal speed.

What's wrong with my 2008 Civic?

Please help

Br
Sam

·
Super Moderator
7,124 Posts
Are the bulbs LED?

LEDs draw less current so they will hyper-flash.
Otherwise it could be a possible faulty MICU?

Also check the following fuses that control the MICU.

Under hood fuse 16(15A)
Under hood fuse 22(10A)
Under dash fuse 10(7.5A)

·
Registered
886 Posts
Before anything, check your battery.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you both,

No indicators are LED's, and nothing has been changed on the car recently. The car starts fine, and I have experienced nothing that could indicate that the battery is running flat. (It is however getting cold the past days, with subzero nights.)

I will check the suggested fuses, and battery after work today.

BR
Sam

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay, battery was fine, gave it a charge never the less, the fuses turned out fine too.

Driving home from work today the indicators suddently worked fine at one stoplight, for about 10-15 seconds, then it went back to double speed again. :(

This evening, during testing of battery and fuses, the indicators worked for a blink or to, then double speed for a few blinks, then back to normal a few blinks.. Continuously.. All that was missing was the music...
I suspect a faulty connection somewhere, perhaps around the towbar, in combination with the cold weather... Danm... Perhaps its about time to change the car... It is seven years old after all.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts