2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

Do anyone know if that you can get some sort of a Induction kit for the Civic 1.4SE Model? or any Engine Modifications :roll:

Regards Dan

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
Not an awful lot you can do with the petrol engines - you'd probably be better spending the money going to one of the full sized engine types rather than trying to make the 1.4 go fast.

Also need to consider the insurance situation.

·
Registered
975 Posts
i would love something for my 1.4 if only i wasnt 17 and had stupid insurance

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
basegreen said:
Not an awful lot you can do with the petrol engines - you'd probably be better spending the money going to one of the full sized engine types rather than trying to make the 1.4 go fast.

Also need to consider the insurance situation.
The 1.4 engines are designed to be economical, not powerful. I don't think there is much you can do to them to make any significant difference.

·
Registered
430 Posts
sco77harris said:
Most 17 year olds I know would give up part of their body for a brand new car, regardless of the engine size.

·
Registered
975 Posts
karlak said:
sco77harris said:
Most 17 year olds I know would give up part of their body for a brand new car, regardless of the engine size.
didnt i mention i sold a kidney to pay for it [smilie=huggles.gif]

yer but of course i love it but i dont love the 2+ grand insurance.

·
Registered
230 Posts
2 grand insurance!? u could went for other options. if u want speed u coulda got a cheaper faster car and went for third party insurance.

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
This whole insurance thing is crazy, I would not want to insure a car, I have never had my own insurance, either been a named driver or on a corporate policy, got 8 years no claims (had, just realised the stone chip and fog lamp will be a claim). :cry:

As I was saying, would not want to insure my own car, it would be a lot smaller, thats for sure.

·
Registered
975 Posts
i realise you aint going to get a fast car at this age but if there was stuff for the 1.4 would look into it.

saying that i know a guy in another skl (17) who has been known to bulls..., has apperently a type r on order for jan and his grandad is gonna pay for it and the 7500 pound insurance a year, which in my oppinion is ludicrous.

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
Thing is, with the Civic it always looks like it's going fast even when it's parked. :wink:

·
Registered
975 Posts
allan40alt said:
Thing is, with the Civic it always looks like it's going fast even when it's parked. :wink:
I agree with this and apart from the exhausts which i may have done, it looks like a 1.8 etc because theres no big badge like on bmws telling you the engine size.

·
Registered
230 Posts

·
Registered
975 Posts
just out of curiosity what engine mods does the jazz have?

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Nick said:
http://www.filterpower.co.uk/kn_induction/honda_kn.htm#JAZZ%2057i%20Kits:

this is the site i got my replacement filter from. search around on google, maybe you will find spark plugs etc :lol:

however, theres no guarantee it will fit your 1.4 civics though. that u gota ask around yourself!
:O Please get a picture of your engine with this filter in for me:D:D How did you fit that big filter?:S

:lol:

·
Premium Member
763 Posts
Only advantage you'll receive from K&N is that it's possible to clean it, so no need to buy new filters.
However - as far as I know new Civic also has MAF sensor (unlike MAP sensor before).
MAF sensors can be damaged by oil filters, so keep that in mind.
As far as peroformance, you will gain absolutely nothing with inbox K&N.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts