2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all new to this site have got my self a top of the range Civic Type R 2009 plate can you advise me please is the Induction kit really worth the effort i know the induction noise will be epic but what about the horse power you gain is it really noticeable many thanks.

·
Civinfo's Bulb Supplier
13,427 Posts
Hi all new to this site have got my self a top of the range Civic Type R 2009 plate can you advise me please is the Induction kit really worth the effort i know the induction noise will be epic but what about the horse power you gain is it really noticeable many thanks.
Hi Spence and :welcome4: to the forum :top:

In a word, no...save your money.

If you want noise save for an Exhaust, proper noise and a definite HP gain.

All in my opinion ;)

·
Premium Member
1,643 Posts
Welcome! As above if you get an induction prepare to have to get a flashpro as well. Sometimes not always (I've heard) that the induction can induce a hesitation with the throttle. Did for me and many other so it came straight back off

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
Have to say i disagree with the others. I purchased a civic type r 2009 about 2 months ago. I wanted a better sound so i purchased a milltek non res exhaust which made it sound good, but i wanted a 'beefier' sound. So a few weeks after the exhaust i purchased a HKS racing suction kit which makes it sound much better especially when the car is in VTEC.
I can't comment on performance gain. However, i do agree with warwick that there is a little throttle hesitation when at v.low revs, but its not a massive problem IMHO.

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
+1 for the hks rsk. But I also had a toda power exhaust which both together sounded amazing!! If the choice is one or other then defo the exhaust first. To see any gains with the induction kit then a flashpro will be needed!!

·
Redline Monster
1,575 Posts
:hello2: mate & :welcome4: to :civinfo::top:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts