2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
AWESOME-O 4000
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Firstly, I have used the search and didn't find anything specific to my question.

I'm a fairly new car driver (22 and 1years driving under my belt) I've got myself a 1.8 type s and I'm fairly happy with it - wouldn't mind a type R next year! haha!
I've been chatting to a few friends about my car (2 of them have 206gtis etc plus forces) and they've suggested getting an air induction kit on it saying it'll improve fuel consumption and a tiny amount of power to the car. I had a look and a fair few people here seem to have a K&N 57i filter on their car. I was wondering if this is any good (has a suitable affect on the car for the price.)

Cheers,

Goaty

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
It'll sound better more than anything mate. You will get a tiny increase in power but it's engine response that you will notice!

57i is a straight fit and at a good price either second hand or from a decent online shop. There are LOADS of threads on here about them with plenty pics. Just do a quick google including civinfo in the search and you'll see!

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
It'll sound better more than anything mate. You will get a tiny increase in power but it's engine response that you will notice!

57i is a straight fit and at a good price either second hand or from a decent online shop. There are LOADS of threads on here about them with plenty pics. Just do a quick google including civinfo in the search and you'll see!
+1 ...

Excellent bit of kit, and very good value ...

·
Replica man
2,175 Posts
yep well worth the £80 and easy to install

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Just fitted mine today - definitely recommend it! The sound is just phenomenal - not necessarily louder but tuned to a nice pitch.

As mentioned above the engine is much more responsive - giving the illusion of more power.
Get one!!!

·
AWESOME-O 4000
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Awesome, thanks for the replies. I'll look into it more. :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

·
I'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
3,095 Posts

·
9,228 Posts
just get it!! honestly best mod for this engine :D way cheaper than a exhaust ;)
+111 ...

Tremendous induction 'note', and much more responsive engine - better acceleration, with pretty much the original BHP ! ...

·
I'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
3,095 Posts
my fuel economy dropped a bit tho ;) in fact it's been murdered :D

·
9,228 Posts
my fuel economy dropped a bit tho ;) in fact it's been murdered :D
Tell me about it ! - all because of the desire to 'floor' it, to hear the sound ! - but, if you drive as before, you should find a small improvenent in MPG ...

·
I'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
3,095 Posts
Tell me about it ! - all because of the desire to 'floor' it, to hear the sound ! - but, if you drive as before, you should find a small improvenent in MPG ...
i'll leave "the before" to the mrs ;)
my mpg is nearing type R territory at the minute :D

·
9,228 Posts
I'll leave "the before" to the mrs ;) my mpg is nearing type R territory at the minute :D
I dropped (initally) from an average of 35 MPG to about 26 MPG ! .

·
I'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
3,095 Posts

·
9,228 Posts
The typhoon kit empties a tank faster! and as soon as my CAI arrives I'll be testing that out too :D
If the CAI is better than the 57i - I'll have to hunt you down, and kill you, like the Dog you are ! - and then I'll nick your CAI ...

PLEASE let it not be good ? - I might even have to buy one, for my "2012 Modathon" !!! :( :p :D ...

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
If the CAI is better than the 57i - I'll have to hunt you down, and kill you, like the Dog you are ! - and then I'll nick your CAI ...

PLEASE let it not be good ? - I might even have to buy one, for my "2012 Modathon" !!! :( :p :D ...
AEM emailed me to say that its specific to the US model however they know its been successfully fitted to the EU model so ner! haha!

I've no idea when its arriving but i'm stood by the door everyday just in case. I've sold the typhoon to a friend now (need to let the mods know) and i've currently got it in a vice altering the surround. only one bit to chop off and it fits straight in!

such a shame that this is as far as we can go modifying the R18 but i guess the money we save compared to CTR owners isnt a bad thing. (except for JDR and his darn "modathon")

·
AWESOME-O 4000
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

If you are getting one, gimme a shout for your 57i ;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.