2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know if there are any aftermarket induction kits for the new civic? if not, what are the measurements for a universal air filter on a 1.8 petrol?

i know that K&N have got a replacement filter for this engine only.

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
How much will an induction kit improve the car?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
probably not much at all, or very tiny improvement to bhp and torque, its just the induction roar thats good, and thats why i want it.

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
Nick said:
probably not much at all, or very tiny improvement to bhp and torque, its just the induction roar thats good, and thats why i want it.
Worth the insurance hit for a mod? :)

·
Galaxy class starship
1,053 Posts
You brits with your crazy insurances. :roll:

Maybe even James May would've approved of the engine noise with one of those installed.

It's not like the Civic would need one to attract more attention to it.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
basegreen said:
Nick said:
Worth the insurance hit for a mod? :)
probably not

·
Registered
130 Posts
IMHO just having a induction kit will make slight difference top end BUT I dont think it is worth the extra $$$ to buy one.

If you have tuned your engine in numerous places then the induction kit will make a difference because at some stage the air flow side of things will become a restriction. To be honest, people stick with a induction kit because of the noise it makes. I personally wouldnt bother.

·
Premium Member
1,615 Posts
sounds cool ,pitty the cdti sounds so poor or quite as some would say ;)

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
K&N Inductions are good for 1 - 3bhp, so you really won't notice the difference. They do help make the engine 'rasp' on acceleration a bit more though. K&N filter replacements will not add bhp, just removes the need for garages to replace it every other service.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
not sure, emailed injen they aint got back to me. i wouldn't think its a custom 1. its hard to get custom cold air intakes as the piping location to place the filter in the coolest part of the engine is hard to customise.

·
Premium Member
1,017 Posts
Good ... but why Type-S , isn't the same engine bay like 5D ?
Can't find that part number ... any idea about gain ?

Looking forward to hear more on this.

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
Part number not available till part released, just keep checking. I was following up on another thread where someone has one on his Type R so enquired about my car Type S, assume it will fit all 1.8L's.Usually gain supposed to be about 5-7bhp but i'm only bothered about the sound - i love it!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
1 - 20 of 56 Posts