2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to get a decent induction kit for my FN2 Type R, not sure what to go for or where to get a decent priced one.

If anyone has any ideas or even has one for sale then please let me know.

Many thanks.

·
Enjoying life
8,529 Posts
You looking for noise or best gains or both? I've had hks rsk, gruppe m, a home made short ram and now running modified airbox with caf. If you like the loud rasp of induction noise go hks, but tbh my homemade short ram made a similar noise. Not had them but skunk 2 and hybrid racing are said to make very decent gains @nub

·
Registered
333 Posts
as flashy stated above :

k&n intake / home made ram intake / HKS RSK : pure noise with some gains not huge amounts
gruppe m : noise with decent gains
skunk 2 / hybrid racing : pure gains

I have the HKS RSK
Noise : sounds immense! you can hear the air being sucked in when you plant foot as the revs build up and in vtec it screams.
Price : I bought it second hand 220-240£ (i cant remember) but much cheaper than brand new.
Performance : I've noticed my throttle response has improved. Car is slightly more awake. during long continous driving (no stopping) the intake pipe stays cold doesnt heat up one bit.
Down side : stand still traffic it does tend to heat soak as no cold air flowing in. but tbh ive never noticed anything, as it still performs fine when you plant the right foot,.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Tegiwa have it for 400£

Hendeyshop 420£

H tune for 360£ inc heat sheild.

Second hand is the way to go, i just kept my eyes open searching non stop untill i found one in aberdeen, everything included. apart from heat sheild. and it was 9/10 condition. Bargain lol

·
250bhp.... finally :)
4,277 Posts
HKS are best "bang for buck" if you like the noise.

They offer some of the best gains, especially with a heatshield and cold air scoop, easy to fit and maintain, look good.

Skunk2 and HR are best for gains but require chopping and driver awareness to avoid hydrolocking.

Mugen / Teg are up there with the best but require the scoop to get most gains out of it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
As musegroove said. Skunk2 can make proper noticable gain. My advice is to add K&N Drycharger or AEM Dryflow (special cover to avoid such water throught air filter). Hybrida Racing advantage is special bypass valve if water will be sucked by filter.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts