2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking to get an induction kit fitted to my FN2 in the next couple of weeks. Not so much looking for a performance increase, but more for the sound. Only looking however to spend around £200ish though. This obviously cancels out the HKS RSK, Tegiwa etc.

So, out of the lower end of the market kits, which would you recommend, if any? Was thinking of the K&N Apollo.

·
Premium Member
4,711 Posts
not much option really for £150, you could go pipercross that comes with heatshield or powertech ? i will have a cpl cai induction kit up for sale soon as i am replacing it with stock & panel filter ? as it is wasted on my set up got it for the almighty growl it gives :D but since having the charger fitted the power is so smooth now i dont hear it :( plus it's not really needed as the charger supplies the boost & all the cold air i need :D so if you look out in the for sale section it will be going up for sale soon :D but always keep your eye out in there sometime's there are bargains to be had ;)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks mate, I'll keep my eyes peeled! Yeah £150 is abit ambitious, I'll up it abit ha.

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts
The lowest I would go for would be the HKS, the others I wouldnt bothered with to be honest. Just wait a bit longer and save a bit more.

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
I fitted a hks on Saturday. Had no experience of induction kits before. The sound is immense. Absolutely love it, get the hks you won't regret it for a second

·
Registered
267 Posts

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
save up for a real one dont mess about with lower end intakes

in no order

hks
injen CAI (needs flashpro)
cpl CAI (i think needs flashpro)
Tegiwa

gruppe M
Mugen

to me it sounds like hks is for you..

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Cheers for the advice, I'll spend abit more then and wait for a HKS to pop up in the for sale section.

·
Banned
37 Posts
After all it is a fashion show out there!
Not really the fact of fashion show or not.

Cheapers intakes and some higher priced ones dont keep the normal A/F ratio and need tinkering.

The HKS and few others keep the A/F so are plug and play... the other require flashpro to alter the A/F to the correct values.

Also would you really trust a 60quid intake from ebay on our lovely and sometimes very moody FN2?

I would and have personally saved up for the HKS RSk... also by far the best sounding intake I have heard for the FN2.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Are there any gains from fitting the HKS or would this only come if fitted with flashpro etc...

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts
Are there any gains from fitting the HKS or would this only come if fitted with flashpro etc...
I think I had 6-8bhp on mine, pretty much at the top of the rev range though. I also felt it worked far better when the weather was cold, noticably faster!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts