2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which would be the best to buy? GruppeM is a bit too expensive though.

The ones I am thinking about are AEM v2, HKS racing suction and K&N Apollo :confused:

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
Groupe m the rest are pants

·
The Property Man
6,060 Posts
i have the K&N and i think its great value for money...i even got over 6bhp gain on dyno...yay!!!

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
You pays your money & takes a chance

·
Naughty but nice
4,134 Posts
The HKS racing suction kit is the next best alternative if you don't want to shell out for the GruppeM, followed by the K&N Apollo. It all depends on how much you really want to spend and how your going to be using the car. Are you going for a ECU upgrade to and or a new exhaust system? All these things together will give gains.

Until there is some real figures for the GruppeM then I cannot comment on how good it actually is as the gains could be very similar to the HKS at half the price, but hype and price always make people think that something is better than it actually is. Your basically paying for the carbon fiber with that one.

·
S2000 AP1
595 Posts
Morning Angie,

Is the HKS the one that suffers from a slight flat spot on full throttle? How does the K&N Apollo compare...does it suffer from a flat spot too? I dont think i will go down the GruppeM as it seams way over priced.

:)

·
Naughty but nice
4,134 Posts
Morning Angie,

Is the HKS the one that suffers from a slight flat spot on full throttle? How does the K&N Apollo compare...does it suffer from a flat spot too? I dont think i will go down the GruppeM as it seams way over priced.

:)
Good morning SmokeR!

They all seem to suffer from a slight flat spot on full throttle however its more noticable with the K&N. I've noticed recently that even places that only stock K&N and don't have the HKS system are actually recommending this kit over the Apollo system. It has to be said that its great value for money but if your just looking for a little increase then the Apollo is just as good.

Unless it can be proved that I would get seriously more gains with the GruppeM, then I will be sticking with the HKS.

You get more noise over the standard box and increase in power although these gains can't really be felt on their own, teamed up correctly with other mods then it will make a difference.

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
next question

best places to buy these from?

·
Naughty but nice
4,134 Posts
There are a few places out there. Sometimes you can look on google and find places stocking these.

The actually manufactures site will point you to the closest place to you!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts