2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, random question.

Been looking into induction kits over the past few days. Came across the HKS one and the Gruppe M.

I've also came across the HKS Premium Suction kit.

Since the Gruppe M uses the standard piping from the grille to the airbox itself, i was wondering, if i bought the HKS Premium Suction Kit, and the Gruppe M, will the 2 kits fit together?

Cheers, Stephen.

·
Registered
684 Posts
If you can afford to buy the gruppe M, just stick with that.

Waste of money for no real gain just changing the pipe imo.

There are other alternatives such as the Mugen(very expensive), or the tegiwa airbox which is a mugen copy. Or if you are happy removing bumpers or relocating batteries then the CAI route of the CPL, Injen or AEM intake might suit you but some of these do have the risk of hydrolock.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
dude you do know the HKS product i am talking about? the one i'm interested in is basically a piece of piping that replaces the plastic piping that goes into the standard airbox, i'm NOT interested in the one that has the mushroom filter on the end of it.

this is the one i'm interested in,

i think that if this could be combined with the gruppe m, it will give a little more gain, plus will look awesome under the bonnet.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Dont know if it will fit or not, maybe someone who has a gruppe M will know.

Not really sure if there will be any gains from just changing the pipe, maybe 1-2 bhp at most.

·
Premium Member
975 Posts
Doesn't the gruppeM have a plate that fits under the bonnet that fits tightly against the new air box? Pretty sure that is how it gets it's air supply? Could be wrong.

·
The Property Man
6,060 Posts
Doesn't the gruppeM have a plate that fits under the bonnet that fits tightly against the new air box? Pretty sure that is how it gets it's air supply? Could be wrong.
Sure does..also you might need that bit of flexibility for the actual box itself..

·
LOUD NOISES!!!
5,369 Posts
if the GM fits to the stock pipe and the HKS fits to the stock box then, in theory, they should fit together ........... or am I seeing this wrong?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts