2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, after ordering the loom to fit a reverse camera on my civic to oem sat nav on here I'm looking to try find a good camera.

I'm looking at the one below after recommendation only thing is not sure about the LED infa red lights round it, and how these look at night when lit up as not sure id want extra lights.

Has anyone got a photo or experience with this at night and how it looks?

Thanks

Rear View Parking Reversing Sensor Camera Night Vision NTSC With Guide Lines | eBay

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
Are you joking? You cant see infra red light... Unless its very cheaply built, in which case they'll emit a red light, nothing powerful though. And they should only work when you put it in reverse gear.

Late to the show as usual!

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
Hopefully it should only come on when in R gear... If not a decent normal one will do. The reverse lights are good, better if its a facelift model and there's always the ability to swap to LEDs ...

Late to the show as usual!

·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts
the chances are you will see a very small red glow when you look directly at the leds but they wont project any visible light outwards it will be barely noticeable unless your looking directly at them

most cctv cameras with infra red night vision do the same

unless of course they are not infra red led's at all and are normal white led's which i have seen on some cheap web cams in the past then they will be very visible

1 - 5 of 5 Posts