2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the central infor display all the signs are lit strongly, even when not actually displayed. The actually displayed sings are lit normally (which is stronger than the others) but it is quite frustrating seeing all the signs even those not in use on the display.

Do you guys have any idea what can be the problem?

I'd apprecite your help.

Thx

Greg

·
Registered
10 Posts
On the central infor display all the signs are lit strongly, even when not actually displayed. The actually displayed sings are lit normally (which is stronger than the others) but it is quite frustrating seeing all the signs even those not in use on the display.

Do you guys have any idea what can be the problem?

I'd apprecite your help.

Thx

Greg
I've the same problem since two years... it appears and disappears from time to time... Did you fixed it?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Started having the exact same problem a few days ago. I can faintly see all the other symbols and numbers etc on the display. It comes and goes though. Not sure if its related but I also had an issue where the radio would suddenly display Aux and then switch itself off.

This, along with my on going clutch issues, is enough to put me off Honda for good.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Started having the exact same problem a few days ago. I can faintly see all the other symbols and numbers etc on the display. It comes and goes though. Not sure if its related but I also had an issue where the radio would suddenly display Aux and then switch itself off.

This, along with my on going clutch issues, is enough to put me off Honda for good.
I cannot complain honestly, I would be happy if I can fix it without changing the display, but after 218.000km I can accept this kind of problem :)

·
Premium Member
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes yes, the same symptoms. Dealer says I should change the display, but I don't think it's the problem. Today my radio started to make a deep pop then turned itself on and off. I made a video, I'll upload the link soon. So it isn't fixed yet, has anybody managed to solve this annoying problem? My car has just 4 years and 60k kilometers.

·
turbo's are just cheating
307 Posts
Its definitely the head unit..... it overheats...... only wany of fixing it is getting a new head unit mate or going double din like i have..... after taking it out and putting in my double din and connects2 kit, never had any issues atll

Az

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Its definitely the head unit..... it overheats...... only wany of fixing it is getting a new head unit mate or going double din like i have..... after taking it out and putting in my double din and connects2 kit, never had any issues atll

Az
I am too close to your solution...;)

·
Premium Member
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Seems I have the answer. Dealer told me this moring that the radio head unit was broken, and that broke the readio/ac info display. With a new radio, the display seems to be working ok. A new radio head unit costs circa 1100 GBP :( I was offered a used one from the salvage yard. I tried to ask a courtesy warranty replace from Honda Hungary on equity basis, or whatever. Still waiting for their reply.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
1100GBP?[smilie=boggl3y3dum: :puke:
Are they crazy?:scream1:
With the possibility to happen again...:eviltongue:

I solved this problem with about 250euros (Impulse kit + sony dsx s100 HU)
Here with fotos: [url]http://www.civinfo.com/forum/ipods-mp3-players-ice/90976-single-din-hu-fotos.html[/url]

Since then no screen or radio problems again!;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts