2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
975 Posts
does anyone know which wires go to which speakers etc from the radio, i am trying to instal a sub but dont know which wires to cut etc.

any help much appreciatied.

·
Registered
68 Posts

·
Registered
975 Posts
thanks for the help

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
If anyone is using this to fit a Connects2 box, I did it easily without taking the top part of the dash off. Unless you have hands like shovels, after following the 'Getting Into the Dash" wiki you can get you hand up the back of the radio and slot the plug with a bit of feeling around. No Carry-On puns intended.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Connects 2 box on Civic ES 2008

Hi BodgerX

Just curious, I have a Civic 2008 ES model and am keen to fit a Mp3 Connects 2 box. I was hoping to not disturb the centre console (cigarette lighter and storage area between front two seats) at all. I was planning on following the dension ice link wiki but simply run the lead down by the centre opening cubby hole immediately below the radio.
From your experience, is there enough room to sit the connects 2 box in that area behind the head unit? Is this feasible or is it a case that the console between the front two seats has to come out first?

If anyone is using this to fit a Connects2 box, I did it easily without taking the top part of the dash off. Unless you have hands like shovels, after following the 'Getting Into the Dash" wiki you can get you hand up the back of the radio and slot the plug with a bit of feeling around. No Carry-On puns intended.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Hi BodgerX

Just curious, I have a Civic 2008 ES model and am keen to fit a Mp3 Connects 2 box. I was hoping to not disturb the centre console (cigarette lighter and storage area between front two seats) at all. I was planning on following the dension ice link wiki but simply run the lead down by the centre opening cubby hole immediately below the radio.
From your experience, is there enough room to sit the connects 2 box in that area behind the head unit? Is this feasible or is it a case that the console between the front two seats has to come out first?
There might be just enough room there. You might have trouble actually getting it into position though.

Not sure about the rest of your plan - where is the cable ending up? Won't you have to drill something?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts