2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Derv Driver
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

So a friend of mine is looking to buy an Accord - 2008, 2.4 I think.

He is trying to do some research about any possible common faults or recalls on these cars and not having much luck- which to be honest isn't surprising to me in the least :p

But I promised him I'll come ask on the forums, so here I am... asking...
If anyone has any info on this we'd appreciate it, any info at all really. Owners opinions, comments are all welcome.

Might be worth noting- South African models

Thanks in advance!
Syko,

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
If you are talking about the CU2 K24 Accord, two things to take note of:
1) Earlier k24 may have issues with mild pinging if the fuel is not of top quality. It was fixed in later production.
2)The Accord runs a fair bit of negative camber on the rear wheels to give it extra handling stability. Due to this, rear tyres may wear out earlier than expected.

·
Bye bye Honda...
5,853 Posts
He needs to search Accord forums! The links below are to the best Accord forum, TypeAccord.co.uk ...tell him to join up as soon as he can and start asking questions.

General faults raised by owners... Faults - TypeAccord and this page also has a link to specific faults reported by petrol owners.

Steering problem caused by the rear camber issue... Wadering sterring - TypeAccord

There aren't too many problems, it seems.

·
Bye bye Honda...
5,853 Posts
In my previous post I assumed you were asking about the 8th gen Accord... just realised that 2008 might just catch some of the last 7th gen. Here's a link to TA 7th gen reported problems (not necessarily things to worry about)... 7th Gen Accord - TypeAccord as before, there's a link to petrol-specific stuff. As your friend isn't interested in a diesel, then again there's not much to worry about!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts