2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
Cheers Robbla,
I am tempted by the EX GT to replace my EX.
I really hanker over a Type R, but unless they put a 3 seat bench seat in the back, I just can't have one!
I see we are neighbours, Where abouts in Aylesbury are you?

Graham.

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
No HIDS then

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Very intersting, particularly the prices.

In addition to rock bottom trade-in prices potential up-graders are hit with (apparently) vast pice rises.

Was hoping that the increase in amount of trim levels (at the upper end of the range) would limit the increases, model for model. :(

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
I know i should of,just dropped my car in for service,did have a word with sales man,apparently the 1.4 models for younger drivers to keep insurance costs down.

·
Administrator
20,959 Posts
So let me understand that last one - the 09MY EX has no HFT, SatNav or HID's but the EX GT does.

The new EX GT forces a glass roof, leather seats, a few other bits and bobs and is almost £21K !

That is expensive !

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
So let me understand that last one - the 09MY EX has no HFT, SatNav or HID's but the EX GT does.

The new EX GT forces a glass roof, leather seats, a few other bits and bobs and is almost £21K !

That is expensive !
Yes, EX GT is what you need now.
I am sure the £21k can be negotiated. :D

·
Administrator
20,959 Posts
TBH that looks prohibitively expensive to me.

I wonder if you can get a EX with HID's and SatNav, HFT ?

I don't particularly want:

Glass roof
Footwell lighting
Leather

I do want the HID's Satnav and HFT

Leather alone must save about £1.5 K making it almost palatable plus removing the glass roof must save a bit.

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
TBH that looks prohibitively expensive to me.

I wonder if you can get a EX with HID's and SatNav, HFT ?

I don't particularly want:

Glass roof
Footwell lighting
Leather

I do want the HID's Satnav and HFT

Leather alone must save about £1.5 K making it almost palatable plus removing the glass roof must save a bit.
Have a look at the ES GT.

Glass roof is cool. :D

·
Administrator
20,959 Posts
Nah - not interested in a glass poser roof.

Even when I had a sunroof/moonroof I always kept the sunblind shut.

·
Resident Civinfo Nutter
4,451 Posts
Seen at dealers today,new,cts 1.4,type r grille with type s badge & side decals,16''inch alloy wheels.
Did you by anychance get a look at the price of these?

My curiousity is killing me to find out the price and proper insurnace group of the type s 1.4 >_<

·
Premium Member
92 Posts

My curiousity is killing me to find out the price and proper insurnace group of the type s 1.4 >_<
Sorry didnt notice,all the cars were covered in frost at the time,if i get any info i will let you know.

·
Resident Civinfo Nutter
4,451 Posts
Sorry didnt notice,all the cars were covered in frost at the time,if i get any info i will let you know.
Much appreciated :D

·
Administrator
20,959 Posts
The Honda website now has details and I'm totally confused.

The Auto EX has no HID's or SatNav but you wouldn't know that from the front page as it shows that it has. The i-shift variant still has these but I suspect these are 08MY's.

The EX GT has it all, but at a price.

The ES GT also has Hid's and SatNav, is cheaper, and I can't tell from a quick glance what the extra EX GT price is for.

I have spotted the missing dimmable mirror on the ES and leather isn't standard but if I select Ivory leather the price doesn't change!

So from what I can tell I can get a ES GT with mudguards and dimmable and leather for 19552 but the EX GT with the same spec is 20958.

This is going to take some investigation............

·
Premium Member
92 Posts

Found some info on what car web site,price £15,250,99bhp,0-60 .15 seconds,top speed 110 mph,economy 49.6

·
Registered
19 Posts
09 spec

We have ex spec company cars for the whole team and I am still waiting for my new car to be ordered. We chose this model for the hft and sat nab, without this the car is not much use.
The chances of me convincing them to buy exgt's is slim. I'm very disappointed!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts