2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do all,

Apologies for bringing this subject up again, but reading the replies to previous threads has only served to confuse me further.:)

Anyway here goes...

Bought a CTS last September, thought it was standard(ish) spec.

After being on here for a bit, discovered it has the following mods:-
GP splitters F&R, lip spoiler, parking sensors & FN2 OEM alloys.
All done by previous owner & from new as far as I'm aware.

Do I need to declare these at all?
Does the fact that I haven't done the mods make a difference?.
All of the insurance companies I've spoken to haven't a clue what the GP kit is.

I could get cover on a standard CTS for £304, but the cheapest one with the mods deeclared has been £440(Greenlight).

I realise that's nothing compared to what a lot of the young guys on here are paying but I'm 44 with a clean record & I'm on a tight budget at the moment.

Can some kind person please try to make this a bit clearer for me?
Cheers for your patience, hope I haven't rambled on too much;).

Thanks Folks:).

·
"Grandad eye"
2,847 Posts
Just look at it this way. If you declare them then theres no problems in the event of a claim and you can drive around not worrying whether your covered for these parts.

The GP kit will come under Body Kit (Optional extras)
Alloys are also Alloys (Optional extras)
All the others should be self explanatory.

I know its fine to not declare them to save some cash but in the event of a claim your covered without any discrepancies.

Hope this helps and good luck ;-)

Reactions: Owls92

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts
As they're factory fitted options you shouldn't need to declare them I don't think.

Really up to you mate.

·
Premium Member
645 Posts
Id declare the alloys the rest you could prob get away with

·
Race Taxi Pilot
1,558 Posts
Yes, I'd declare the lot, personally.

Best case scenario, you have an accident, they authorize repairs, you get the car back, repaired - minus the extras what were on before. Worst case, your insurance is void and you are you-know-where, without a paddle. Why run the risk, especially as you've broadcast it over the internet?

The fact they have no idea what a GP kit is irrelevant. They'd (probably) try to class it as a bodykit.

Just my take on it, though - others are bound to disagree. :p

·
Registered
179 Posts
I had this problem when I first got my FN2, insured it but then a couple of days later decided I better add the Rage alloys (optional extra) which cost another £50. They then told me that they won't cover them if needed. So they charged me more for something they won't cover. I changed company the next year!

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Many thanks for taking the time to reply, & also for your good advice which has helped me to decide.
I'm going to declare everything & keep it all above board.

Cheers Folks;).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts