2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
ok, good news i think i managed to get mirrorlink working. had to clear the cache (which is a bit odd since i've never used it before) and downloaded the floatingapps app. Then Sygic and violla i have a sat nav. Going to test fully in the morning but it looks promising. Its £12 for a license and I'm happy to pay that for a working system.
Have you tried waze? Totally free and get traffic updates if connected to WIFI

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
i use waze via my phone but i can't get it on the head unit unless i root it which seems like a lot of effort and I think using it via mirrorlink isn't really possible. It might be using floating apps but i'm not sure how well it would work

·
Registered
19 Posts
i use waze via my phone but i can't get it on the head unit unless i root it which seems like a lot of effort and I think using it via mirrorlink isn't really possible. It might be using floating apps but i'm not sure how well it would work
Where you getting your Waze source from?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Does anyone know if it’s possible to stop the warning screen coming up on start up and also can you stop the Honda updates coming up when you connect to WiFi?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Does anyone know if it’s possible to stop the warning screen coming up on start up and also can you stop the Honda updates coming up when you connect to WiFi?
I'm not 100% sure what you mean by the warning screen - however the pop-ups for the update upon connecting to Wi-Fi annoy me too. I've just got into the habit of swiping (left I think) on these notifications, and then they won't appear for the rest of your journey. They do still re-appear when turning the car back on and re-connecting to the Wi-Fi however, which I assume is what you are getting at in your question? I've not played around with these yet, but I was thinking about seeing if there's any way of disabling the app notifications that cause this at some point. I suspect that the version of Android is so damn old on there, that the OS might not even have the functionality - Android versions back then weren't exactly great sadly...

At least the updates don't try and auto-install though! God forbid they forced the new update(s) on there and stopped my third party apps from working!

RE your other post, Google CM Droid and you will find the source .apk files which are old, but compatible versions you can install yourself (including Waze) - ASSUMING your head-unit isn't on version RC8. I can confirm these work once you understand how to.... I think there's some self-help instructions on the site too. Also from what I remember, the site is primarily Portuguese but I seemed to have a little 'Google Translate page' button at the top of my browser window which works really well!

Hope the above info helps - apologies if you were already aware of this info btw

·
Registered
19 Posts
When you first start the car the stereo turns on and a warning screen pops up and you have to click on the screen to continue

·
Registered
58 Posts
When you first start the car the stereo turns on and a warning screen pops up and you have to click on the screen to continue
Ahh yes! God I've got so used to seeing that I pretty much 'don't' see it now - if that make's sense? I'm not aware of any way you can remove it to be honest - my guess is that it's forced on there by Honda to keep in-line with some sort of safety regs... The stock head-unit is pretty basic as you've probably gathered by now - some people have just swapped them out for a third-party unit (which has a much newer Android version). There's a few threads regarding that if you look through the forum

21 - 30 of 30 Posts