2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased 1 year ago, and currently have 24K miles on it. When should I expect the brakes to need service, I am getting some squeaking when stopping at this point. But from what I understand, brake noise is not that uncommon.

·
Premium Member
6,314 Posts
I did about 30k mile on my last type r and brakes didn't need to be done think if i'd kept it,would of needed to be done at the next service interval just depends on how hard you used the brakes.

·
Premium Member
1,132 Posts
I purchased 1 year ago, and currently have 24K miles on it. When should I expect the brakes to need service, I am getting some squeaking when stopping at this point. But from what I understand, brake noise is not that uncommon.
How long is a piece of string? It all depends on your driving style and how hard you use the brakes. You do not mention if the car has been serviced during your ownership, if not it is certainly due. This should also include an inspection of the brakes. I certainly would not be happy to drive a car that has not had the brakes inspected/checked for 12 months.

LP

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.