2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
whats the best fuel injector cleaner ???
Without a doubt Forte injector cleaner is the best on the market.It can only be bought from a Forte dealer/garage,go on the Goodgaragescheme website,put in your postcode and a list of garages on the scheme will come up with the nearest to you first.
hope this helps. Steve..

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had a Mazda rx8 before the civic. It's rotary engine needs to be kept free of carbon buildup otherwise it can cause critical problems. I've used most additives on the Market including forte and can say without doubt the most effective product is BG 44K. It's far superior to anything else I've come across. Also I'd recommend using cataclean regularly to keep cat and Exaust system in good condition. Trust me, owning an rx8 means you spend as much time under the bonnet as you do behind the wheel!

·
Twisted by the Dark side
1,278 Posts
I had a Mazda rx8 before the civic. It's rotary engine needs to be kept free of carbon buildup otherwise it can cause critical problems. I've used most additives on the Market including forte and can say without doubt the most effective product is BG 44K. It's far superior to anything else I've come across. Also I'd recommend using cataclean regularly to keep cat and Exaust system in good condition. Trust me, owning an rx8 means you spend as much time under the bonnet as you do behind the wheel!
+1

·
Mugenised CR-Z GT
502 Posts
Forte is full of a lot of mineral ingredients which when they burn create sout so you need to go for a synthetic product, personally go for the expensive fuel at the pump ie v power etc as these contain the same things that fuel treatments do but in slightly lower quantities, so if you stick with v power u shouldnt have and issuses, personally I use tunap

·
Mugenised CR-Z GT
502 Posts
We have a Mazda franchise and the RX-8's every service they are crazy, if it's not cat's it's plugs and leads or header tanks, there a joke for reliability

·
Registered
2 Posts
hybrid rob, you're not wrong there bud! ive owned 2...yes i was silly enough to buy another!! :-( first one needed an engine rebuild because of low compression and the 2nd which i treated like a princess (coils,plugs,leads,battery,cat) also showed signs of low compression at 48k! not to mention the engine flooding & 16 mpg..thats on a good day! when it felt like it it was a fantastic drivers car but it sucked my wallet dry and was too temperamental.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts