2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So...im looking to renew the 1.8 which is basically standard bar eibach springs.. and im getting quoted £200 more than a standard S2000!!!! :facepalm:

This is just spurring me on to change the thing..

26 yr old 6 years no claims.. 500 quid.... :rolleyes:

Anyone else similar age and had issues? Wouldn't say so much if it was a fun/quick/desirable car...

·
Premium Member
682 Posts
Or Adrian flux and Chris knott. I'm sure you'll get around 300 mark with any of those 3.

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys will have a look, previously been with admiral who weren't too bad until now...! more like 500 they are after this year...

I'm getting e46 m3 quotes for £405....s2000 for £400...350z for £375..then the cheapest for my civic is £410 so far... :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
Insurances charge what they like! Last year I insured my CTR for £37 per month, I'm 30 with then 4 years no claims, now the same insurance company wanted me to re-insure with them for £47 per month. How the hell they can mark up an extra £10 with no changes to my insurance, my address, my car nothing only being an extra year older and an extra years no claims.

Needless to say, i didn't re-new at that price. That's for sure!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,764 Posts
I'm 26, 5yrs ncb and my type s was just a few quid below that for modified insurance with flux. Only some basic mods for now, though.

No idea what they'll charge when I get something that is counted as a performance mod.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

·
more torque than the mrs
6,751 Posts
just remember your postcode will have an effect on your quote, if i move 3 mile down the road my insurance will jump to an extra grand a year:eek:

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
Strange. Wonder if it's your area as well.

My quotes have plummeted from £422 last year to £218.00 this year including protected no claims and 1 not at fault accident from 2012 (no claim on my policy, total recovery from other driver - low speed rear end shunt).

I am low mileage driver as well.

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
Just for comparison purposes...

I'm 28, M, 8k a year, 2011 1.8 Type S GT. Norwich suburbs. Paying £220 w/admiral.

·
Premium Member
485 Posts
I'm 27 type r with hks rsk martelius exhaust 30mm lowering springs and some body work mileage last year was 2300 miles with 7 years no claims and I pay 400 with direct line

·
Registered
122 Posts
If you have female friend or relative, with their permission, try put them on as a named driver as this will often reduce your quote

·
Super Moderator
21,043 Posts
My insurance company (DL) will always give me a postal advance quote that is considerably higher than last year.

Every year I get on their website and get a quote via my existing details and every year they honour that quote which is always competitive with what the other reputable companies are offereing. If they didn't then I'd be off like a shot.

Some years ago they tried the same trick with my house and contents insurance and gave me an advance quote that raised it from £400 to £800. I forgot I had a friend who is a broker and he got my H&C for just over £200 with AGEAS which came 4th in a Which? survey a while ago.

Unfortunately he can't compete in the car market.

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
I always use Comparethemarket or one of the other price comparison sites and usually change company every year as a result.

I did have a run of 3 years straight with Churchill. But then even they went and put it up a lot when I could get it cheaper elsewhere.

One of the things to remember with any insurance, is they rely on you being too lazy to switch and so increase your renewals.

Energy, house, car. Get quotes every year. You'll save a packet!

·
Super Moderator
21,043 Posts
The only thing to watch is that the cheapest isn't always the best if you need to claim.

Some will fight a payout tooth and nail

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
Good point, but I only use companies I know to be reputable. So I don't take the very cheapest, rather the very cheapest of the reputable quotes.

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
28 year old, 1.8 Honda Civic EX here, 2006 car. £368 renewal with Hastings Direct (5 star defaqto) 4 years no claims, rang them and they got it down to £322 with lots of extras, legal, breakdown etc.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts