2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I had a quick search but i cant seem to find anything about cleaning regimes inside the car.

Any tip what to use to clean the carpets AND the awkward tight spaces under and around the seats?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
I take my seats out once a month to get in the awkward bit, I also use an artists paint brush to get dirt out from around the gear leaver and other bits of trim

Reactions: siakol

·
Premium Member
12,688 Posts
Detailing brush to get in the awkward bits & a good hoover out. Carpets, mats & seats cleaned when needed with APC 1:10 ratio. Meguiars trim protectant used on all plastics inside & out, gives a good finish, not greasy at all.

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
misterk, how hard to remove the front seats?
I have a type r so yours might be slightly different but mine is a undo the few bolts holding it to the floor and unplug the cables underneath, you can do a fantastic job with them out.

·
Premium Member
12,688 Posts
mate, could you please give an example of the detailing brush?
PM sent

I have a type r so yours might be slightly different but mine is a undo the few bolts holding it to the floor and unplug the cables underneath, you can do a fantastic job with them out.
Never took the seats out on mine & can always get a perfect job done with nozzle on vacuum cleaner. Each to their own I suppose.

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
PM sent

Never took the seats out on mine & can always get a perfect job done with nozzle on vacuum cleaner. Each to their own I suppose.

Yea I know it's a bit over the top but I'm sure I have OCD, wheels off and clean inside and out and wash wheel arches once a month as well

·
Premium Member
12,688 Posts
Yea I know it's a bit over the top but I'm sure I have OCD, wheels off and clean inside and out and wash wheel arches once a month as well
Each to their own mate, if it works for you & its your routine then faif do's. Wheels coming off mine soon for a clkean & ceramic coating. Not looking foprward to that one as it will be one wheel at a time :(

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
Each to their own mate, if it works for you & its your routine then faif do's. Wheels coming off mine soon for a clkean & ceramic coating. Not looking foprward to that one as it will be one wheel at a time :(

Wow one wheel at a time will take a while but will be worth it, people say I spend far to much time/money cleaning my car but at least I know it's well looked after. I dont plan on selling it so don't mind how much I chuck at it

·
Premium Member
12,688 Posts
Wow one wheel at a time will take a while but will be worth it, people say I spend far to much time/money cleaning my car but at least I know it's well looked after. I dont plan on selling it so don't mind how much I chuck at it
Yeah it will, dont have any ramps etc. Mines a company car & people say I am crazy. But I enjoy it & it's the best kept car in our fleet/street.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.