2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Bantersaurus Rex
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Looking at putting this HU into the Civic, got an Impulse kit 2nd hand off the classifieds on here :)
http://www.carsoundsandsecurity.co.uk/store/ddx-4028bt/

I currently have a Bluetooth Handsfree (Bury or Brodit type?) in the car, this Head Unit has bluetooth handsfree so I see no need for this anymore...

How much do you think it would me to have a decent installer put in the HU and take off the Hands free?

Just trying to budget!

Thanks

·
GC
4,438 Posts
Good luck finding an installer. I gave up ICE install as I simply don't trust anyone in my area to take my car apart. Seems some installers had never touched an FN2 before so wasn't letting mine be used as a test subject. It's a shame but hey ho, hope you find someone good and reasonable :)

·
Bantersaurus Rex
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haha thats my one and only fear Noxia!!!

If anyone has any reccommendations in Manchester, Rochdale or Cumbria (in cumbria with work) of places to go let me know!

If I can't find anywhere I might have to take a trip to London to Impulse...

·
Bantersaurus Rex
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bummer!
I wish I had now, unfortunately I dont :(
The offer is very highly appreciated though!

·
Premium Member
9,725 Posts
theres a company in liverpool if you dont mind travelling , 360 audio ! i bought my DD fascia from them , they had a fn as their demo

0151 334 7401

·
Bantersaurus Rex
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys :)

·
Registered
104 Posts
Good luck finding an installer. I gave up ICE install as I simply don't trust anyone in my area to take my car apart. Seems some installers had never touched an FN2 before so wasn't letting mine be used as a test subject. It's a shame but hey ho, hope you find someone good and reasonable :)
there is loads of places round here western car radio is well known and m-base had his ice done there loads of people has had theres done there and theres a good one on gloster road

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hey mate, im in the same position changing the headunit and i phoned a couple of places and there roughly talking about £50 to fit a double din headunit.

There is a big difference between fitting a double DIN and fitting a double DIN in a civic.

£50 is about an hours labour, and it takes much longer than that to do it properly.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I'd be interested to hear/see how you went on with the head unit install?

I've been studying the various forum threads on the subject and will be doing mine next wked with a friend whos offered to help.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I got a full install done last week (double din headunit, speakers and speaker brackets made up along with speaker wiring as my infinity speakers didnt come with any :mad:) for £180. 4 hours labour all together. Just to give you a rough idea for install prices.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.