2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well Had my joying unit sitting here all week and the other parts have come in drips and drabs all week but finally its all here.
Think the secret is to do as much of the installing away from the car ( Dash adapter loom ect).
Have been soldering the loom today even chopped and soldered in the wiring for the new covert dash cam into the ISO loom.
bh

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes will do, already taken quite a few when I installed the headunit into the dash adapter.
Where do you guys use to host so you can post pics on here ?
bh

·
Premium Member
585 Posts
Just take your time with it. I actually found it a very enjoyable experience!

I think I was lucky getting the unit sitting flush perfectly, wasn't too much of a battle with all the wiring behind it. I actually spent an age getting the centre console back in properly.

But yeah, take your time and enjoy it. Best mod you can do for the car - makes it as good as brand new motors ICE-wise.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Well went quite well but not finished lol.
Got the cam around the mirror and mic all the way up in the map light console, USB extension and aux lead into the armrest, found there was already two blanking plugs in there so simply removed one of them , ive decided to remove the cigarette lighter and used the blanking plug that I removed and plugged the lighter hole with it :smile3: .
Well had trouble fitting it flush in the dash and also forgot to reinstall the wiring into switch for the the hazard warning lights and also that plug had disappeared behind the glove box so had to fish that out.
Have installed full amp leads (FL FR RL RR SUB) so loads of cables but ready for amping up the system at a later date.
Well goto try to get that dash flush tomorrow and reinstall the center console, hoping for nice weather again 0:)
bh

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Absolutely amazing,you know ive wanted a Double din video type unit for arr 14 years now recently its been a wait for one with a spec good enough to spend my hard earned cash on lol defo 100% worth the money and hassle .

1 - 13 of 13 Posts