2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there everyone, I've brought a pioneer double din MVH-AV290BT headunit (got it new for a decent price on an eBay auction - still waiting for it to be delivered though), and also the double din fascia off of eBay.

Theres no cables coming with the fascia and I'm aware that I'd need cables / adaptors for the head unit to connect to the existing wiring; I'm completely lost at this point.

I've been told I need an ISO adapter and this is what I've found so far is it the correct one?
I can't post the link but its titled "Pioneer 16 Pin ISO Wiring Harness Connector Adaptor Car Stereo Radio Loom PI100" on eBay for £5.99.

Because the unit has a reverse camera input I'm thinking about getting the Pumpkin "backup camera (2)" on amazon for £13.99 is this a wise choice?

Also, how would I get around getting steering wheel controls?

I'm very grateful to anyone that can help me please. I've ordered the two things before and I'm driving to Europe again and I'm trying to get this unit installed before I set off.

·
Premium Member
979 Posts
hi there @SHZ2911 you would need a connects 2 kit that way you will still have your steering wheel controls, and and with most pioneer units the steering wheel patch lead connects from the connects 2 to your head unit via a headphone style jack lead, and most back up cameras are the same to be honest they all fall into the same price range {generic ones } there is no need to buy a pioneer back up camera as they usually go for 70 to 100 pounds mark, the pumpkin one will do the job just fine,
and the connect 2 wiring kit should come with all the wiring that you would need, some sellers give you the steering wheel patch lead when you buy the connects 2 kit if not its only around the four pounds mark,
just make sure you buy the correct kit for your car as your car is the 9 gen

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers @jaxckhan the fascia I ordered was lost by royal mail giving me the perfect opportunity to order another fascia with the connects2 as well. I'm just hoping I get it in time having paid extra for 24hr shipping. Your reply cleared up a lot for me and make it a lot easier to understand - thank you very much I'll make an update hopefully when I get everything installed.

·
Premium Member
979 Posts
Hope it all gose well for you and if you get stuck at any point we're all on here to help one another

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts