2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there guys,
I'm new to these forums as I just got a 8th gen civic about a month back (Australian, VTi) , and is now interested in getting an audio system going. Thinking about amp, sub, and speakers. I won't be getting a headunit because it looks pretty much impossible so I was just wondering -

Will the civic headunit have sufficient power to run the audio system? I was thinking about getting this amp. Alpine MRV-F345

Its specifications are Alpine MRV-F345 4-channel car amplifier 75 watts RMS x 4 at Crutchfield.com

(4/3/2 channel power amplifier. 75W RMS x 4 [[email protected] 0.08%THD] 300W RMS x 1)
Don't know what this means lol.

Thinking of bridging 2 channels for a sub and the other 2 for the front speakers.

Any help or advice is appreciated and Sorry if I sound a bit noob and this thread is in the wrong place >_<

Thanks!
Chris

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
The FN2 sound system is terrible , best of luck with the project . Welcome to the madhouse.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Up ! Up !

Hello, here's my project.
I allready have all the pieces (exept one ampli).
I have one question : Can i put the new ones in the original support ?? (same size)
In fact it's my car dealer that will pass the wire through the car because i don't want to lose my warranty :deal: ...

4 x 17 cm in the car (flat speakers to avoid vibrations with the plastics)
2 x 20 cm on the rear board (for medium-bass)
1 x 38 cm sub + 2 ampli's in the chest.

Thanks for reading.

Fred.

PS : sorry for my poor english (frenchie)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
I have one question : Can i put the new ones in the original support ?? (same size)
Do you mean that you are replacing the door speakers and you wonder if they will fit?

If so, you will probably need to make or adapt some speaker rings. Some people have used Astra speaker rings to fit Infitity speakers.

Have a look in the Wiki and see if you find something that helps.

In Car Entertainment - Civinfo Wiki

·
Registered
3 Posts
Do you mean that you are replacing the door speakers and you wonder if they will fit?
I already looked the wiki...
And i don't see on the picture, if the speaker in itself could be removed from the support (the speaker ring as you said), and put in place the new.
But I think i will answer this by myself in few days. [smilie=fixtit.gif]

With the carnaval it could be hard to find time to work on my car...:beer::dancing2::dancing::bootyshake: :toilet: [smilie=puking.gif]:goodnight:
... If you see what i mean !!! ^_^

·
Registered
3 Posts

It appears that there is no speaker rings but all this s**t is the speaker...
Uhm, it's a shame to lock the upgrades like this.
I will see that by myself...

Thanks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts