2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '07 Civic which did not have the AUX in the armrest. I am currently using and FM transmitter but I feel like the quality could be better. My understanding is that the Connects2 CTVHOX001 is the preferred method that retains as much quality as possible. Cost is around the £30+ mark.

Whilst browsing eBay for it I stumbled upon something interesting. Quite a few armrests with the AUX are being sold for £35-40 range. So I am thinking would that work if retrofitted to the '07? I suppose it depends if the unit has the correct connections but not sure from pictures. If anyone has done this advice will be appreciated.

Also, would the quality be the same as the connects? I would like more bass and I am aware that the stock audio system itself lacks some bass but I am not ready to spend any money upgrading it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, it seems like it will not work. My two choices are the Connects2 or an xCarLink.

Can anyone comment on the quality when compared to each other or are they the same? Or is the only difference that you get Bluetooth on the xCarLink?

·
Registered
156 Posts
I have a Connects2 kit fitted to mine. Then I run a small Bluetooth dongle from the aux jack. The stereo and speakers are standard so the sound quality is never going to be amazing but it was like night and day compared to using an FM transmitter. Can't comment on the xCarLink though I'm afraid.

·
Premium Member
362 Posts
I have an Xcarlink fitted and the sound quality is definitely better than when listening to the radio. Haven’t heard the Connects2 so can’t compare.

I have a wireless charging cradle for the phone powered from USB in the Xcarlink and it auto connects to Bluetooth when the ignition is switched on. I also have a Nextbase DAB plugged into the Xcarlink aux socket. Works pretty well, but the standard radio and speakers aren’t really the best.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts