2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

421 - 430 of 430 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Anyone got the pictures for the first post? Contemplating whether to do the install, but it's difficult to gauge what needs to be done when OP has referred to pictures they posted (such as blue/red arrows)

Thanks.

·
Registered
36 Posts
This is the part of the loom where the wire for interior light is located. Light blue I think is + and light green -. I used the scotch lock to join the wire along with spade connectors for easy replacement so I don't need to keep taking off the scotch locks.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
On with doing this now all i have to do is join the positive and neg wires on the plug then done :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Did this today, glad i persevered because the end result is looking good! It took about 2 hours all in and I'm pretty experienced with a variety of mechanical and electrical mods. Just rather fiddly more than difficult. If you read all the pages on this thread you can find all the info you need to do this even with the missing photos from the original post.

Here's a few things I learnt along the way:

Trying to use the scotch locks under the dash is nearly impossible with how tight it is so I pulled the plug through the side of the dash which made stripping back the tape and sheath over the wires way easier and gives you a bit more to play with. There was next to no slack when trying to manoeuvre under the dash.

If at first the lights don't work go back and really press the scotch locks with some pliers, don't be afraid to really squeeze!

I found a low E guitar string ideal for passing the wires behind the centre console for anyone who has these around.

I put the LED strip I was passing through the centre console in a plastic sandwich bag to stop it shorting out on any metal.

After seeing the LEDs on I think they may be too bright and distracting to have on while driving at night so I encourage anyone undecided to go for the door fade method outlined on this thread.

Thanks Rick for supplying the kit, the LEDs are very high quality! :giggle:(y)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #428
Hi guys. Got a request to add missing pictures. I don't have the edited pictures anymore, but I found what I believe is the original unedited versions. As there is only room for 10 attached pictures I have edited out a couple that wasn't really needed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Installed the front and rear today, really pleased with the result, glad I went with blue LED strips, also thank God I re-read the first page and spotted hawickblue's post, I also have 1 white and 1 blue molex plugs where the OP (THS) had 2 white connectors, I nearly scotch locked into the wrong wires!!!

But all is looking fantastic, may spend the evening in the car tonight...

Major thanks to RickHondaR for supplying the kits, THS for reuploading the original pictures and shoutout to Loxy for putting up with my constant queries!

421 - 430 of 430 Posts