2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided that i would like the SN unit in my car(06) ES MODEL, i have read that it can be done.I have got all the bits and pieces incl the wiring harness and bar etc.

Is their anybody that has gd experience with sort of thing.

·
Premium Member
6,644 Posts
:popcorn:

Reactions: Sr11

·
I vtec'ed your mum!
1,333 Posts
Holy ****zle.... Wish I could help, All I know is that your brave. Is that a brand new stearing wheel? I could do with a new steering wheel!

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
I believe that one or two people have done the change-out ...

Search thoroughly - there might even be a "how to" ...

·
無限 Unlimited
3,740 Posts
This is a major job, must have cost you a small fortune to acquire all the parts. Did you consider the aftermarket approach to built in sat nav, i.e double din?

Best of luck with this and wish I could help, very interested to see how you get on though :)

·
無限 Unlimited
3,740 Posts
Wasnt to bad,come to all in all 290.
thats a really good price, I take it you have all the looms/harnesses which link the screen to the HU and the unit in the glovebox? Were you able to see them remove the stuff from the actual car it came from?

would definatelty be useful if you could see the difference between the circuit diagrams of a Nav and Non-nav model.

Whats the new steering wheel for, are you looking to retro fit the HFT also?

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
no got it off eBay, was told that the wiring loom plus the bar is incl.Haven't received the items as yet.yeah want to fit the HFT as well,but not sure if i can remove the kit and fit it to my steering wheel.He has also incl the glove box department to i can fit the dvd rom.

I cant see that it will be that bad, but its going to take time.

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts
Wow, this is gonna be a big job, good luck with this mate:popcorn:

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
Do you have the TMC and GPS antenna's? or the HFT unit?

I don't think this going to be easy IMHO

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah all incl.What i have read so far is that the flat piece of the dashboard(plastic above the radio ) differs.Its runs down at a slant, where mine is straight.

·
無限 Unlimited
3,740 Posts
yeah all incl.What i have read so far is that the flat piece of the dashboard(plastic above the radio ) differs.Its runs down at a slant, where mine is straight.
thats right yeah, so it doesn't block the view of the screen

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
just want to find out if the height is the same as my dashboard(bit where the sat nav screen fits)

·
無限 Unlimited
3,740 Posts
I'm sure the screen will fit heightwise in the surrounding plastic. I seem to remember there is extra height space once the flat radio cover is off but you'd need the slanted radio cover as you say once you've fitted the nav screen.

·
無限 Unlimited
3,740 Posts
Honda website, do you mean Lings? If not try Lings Honda, this link has been posted time and time again but its a v.good site, you may be able to gleen some additional info for your retrofit and establish if you do have all the necessary parts.

Original Honda Car Parts from Lings

·
無限 Unlimited
3,740 Posts
Nav assy.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 104 Posts