2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Hello, from the looks of this installation, this is the device that was preinstalled in my car. Could someone point me in the right direction for some instructions please. The ones I read on hondahandsfree.com do not seem to be for this unit. An explanation on how to get the device to become discoverable/pairing mode would be very helpful!

Thanks a lot

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
You are amazing and I cannot thank you enough! Just tried it and it works a charm :D WOOOOOOOOoooooo

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi

I have one of these unit (bluetooth hands free fitted to side drivers pillar) on my Honda Civic 06 plate. Had the car for about a week & I just cant get it to work. There is a green back light that comes on when I have headlights on but never get a flashing blue light or steady blue light. I have tried pressing all the buttons & followed the instructiosn to get it to pair but I get no sound or no lights. Its light the unit is switched off. Does any one know what the problems could be, can you replace the fuse on these things. Any advise please as its driving me mad not working.

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
I'm guessing that there are 2 power leads - one feeding from the light circuit, and one for the main power.
But this is an educated guess :wink:

According to the fuse layout, the fuse for the HFT should be no.35, but this also covers the radio, so its probably ok - worth a check though.

I thought I had in the install guide somewhere, but I can't find it... :oops:

·
Registered
2 Posts
cheers for guide but major high tech for me - I'm just a girl so dont understand all the wiring bits !! Just cant figure out whats wrong with it - green back light but no blue led and the keypads dont make any tones..grrr....guess I'll have to get it looked at by honda at some point. I will try the fuse option though so thanks for your help

·
Registered
3 Posts
Same problem here too, although I have this kit in an Accord Tourer.

I do notice that when I turn on the ignition the blue LED has a quick blink, but nothing after that, apart from the green illumination.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Is this for the stick bluetooth that goes on the a Pillar, or the steering wheel control one...
It's been some time but thought I'd answer. It is for the pillar version.

Still can't get mine working, but am thinking of getting under the dash and taking a look.... maybe in summer!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello TintR, unfortunately summer has come and gone (that first week in October!) and I didn't get to play.

I am on the verge of getting some other bluetooth device but I don't like leaving things not working in the car. I might tackle it next year now as it is getting a bit chilly now and the Christmas ads have started on TV so that must mean it is time to "wind down" for the festive season ;)

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Bought the wife a 2005 Honda FRV and it has the Bluetooth kit with module attached to A Pillar and suffering same problem as described above - the green backlight comes on and there is a quick blink from the module (red/blue light) but then that's it. Can't see it on the phone when you scan bluetooth and no beeps or responses from the buttons...

if anyone has any ideas or fixed this issue in their accord/civic please drop me a line.

Cheers.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, i have picked that my Bluetooth has stopped working too, and the light only flashes on ignition start or if i press all 3 bt buttons about 20 times.
Did anybosy find a fix to this issue?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

a bump here, since lots of people seem to have this problem. I too have the green backlight/blue-red LED blink. Does someone know how to fix this or what this problem could be?

Cheers, T

1 - 20 of 21 Posts