2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, so our trusty Civic that has been with us from new has developed a rather odd dashboard fault. A few weeks ago the trip computer screen inside the Rev counter started to go dim and bright all on its own and sometimes it would even go off all together. Then yesterday while sat in traffic the whole cluster went off, rev counter dropped to zero and the gauges all fell to the bottom. I tapped the throttle to pull away and everything cam back on again and it's been fine ever since. When the cluster came back to life the Engine Management light came on though. I figured this was probably linked to the display going off and indeed it was. Plugging my ODBII reader in it came up with a fault code of U0155, "Lost Communication with Instrument Module". THe EML light had gone out anyway by this point but I cleared the code anyway. My suspicion is that the cluster needs replacing but does anyone know if it's a straight swap? I had to replace the speedo display last year and the dealer eventually confirmed to me that I could get one for eBay had swap that without an issue, instead of the 700 odd quid they wanted for one. Thoughts appreciated! Cheers Phil

·
Premium Member
1,467 Posts
You can mate without any problem. If your dealer can hook car to HDS and read ODDO data then should be straight swap because with HDS you can write your data to new (used). I swapped mine since I had problem with some lightning and service cleared old ODDO data and written it on new.
My only problem was I couldn't get 2007 tacho so bought used 2011.

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Excellent, thanks for the reply. I'll speak to the dealer and see if they would be willing to do it if I swap the cluster

·
Premium Member
1,467 Posts
Excellent, thanks for the reply. I'll speak to the dealer and see if they would be willing to do it if I swap the cluster
No problem mate. If they can't or give you some price pm me and I'll tell you details how and what if you get same tacho as yours (part number)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts