2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Enjoying life
8,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if there are any insurance companies that provide cover that doesn't have to be updated every time you decide to make a few tweeks/mods to your car? My car is unmodded but if I plan to make a few adjustments eg induction etc are there any insurance companies that cover modifications that don't need a continually updated list or approval?

Ta

·
Administrator
18,079 Posts
I can't say for other companies but it's only needed a quick phone call to Adrian Flux, let them know the changes and job's a good'un. No extra charges either.

I'd be surprised if you could get a completely unrestricted policy, unless you pay a high premium...

·
Enjoying life
8,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What I am trying to get at is that some minor changes can be seen as a modification, i.e. putting tints on windows, dropping in an after market air filter etc. It would be nice to be able to make some minor changes without wondering if you have to call the insurers. If you stick a turbo on or a new exhaust etc then I could understand that a phone call to them would be needed.

·
Premium Member
1,211 Posts
I believe all insurers would want to know about any modification that takes the car away from standard, regardless of what's been changed.

Just get a policy with a good modification-friendly insurer, and declare the modifications as you make them.

·
Premium Member
823 Posts
I'm with Greenlight, any mods I ring and declare straight away, only take 5 mins plus don't charge and admin fee

you would be a fool not to declare any modification

·
Enjoying life
8,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, fair enough. I bought a car once that had been lowered by a previous owner on eibachs, let my insurance company know and it added £39 to the premium!! Not sure if it was a case of £18 plus £21 "admin" charge - I'm old too!!:(

·
Enjoying life
8,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Any recommendations? I'm over 30, and have been for some time :musicus:

·
Premium Member
682 Posts
Adrian flux pal, been with them 2 years, paid 296 this year, all mods declared and covered. They don't charge any extra unless it's a turbo or something and don't charge no admin fees etc. II regularly ring them up.

21 Posts
Hi,
Please feel free to give us a try for insurance if you like. If you wanted to PM me some contact details I'd be happy to arrange for one of my quotes team to give you a call back.
Regards,
Dan.

·
Vendor
380 Posts
Any recommendations? I'm over 30, and have been for some time :musicus:
Please give us a call and we'll do all we can to win your business - 0800 917 2274 (0800 numbers are now free for mobiles).

best,
Nick

·
Enjoying life
8,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Please give us a call and we'll do all we can to win your business - 0800 917 2274 (0800 numbers are now free for mobiles).

best,
Nick
I have now had my quote for my standard car. Sorry, will be continuing my search.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts